• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Job Dilemma =/ (1 Viewer)

monzi

HSC
Hi Guys. Well here is my story please give me advice. I've already completed two years of my business degree and have already transferred into the double business/law degree at UTS. So practically this is my first 'law' year. Anyway, I have been working in a small suburban law firm for about three months now and it’s been absolutely fantastic, my boss is great, she’s a professional and she treats me with utter respect. However, she's gone on Holiday for a month and a half to France, and she's left me with the Colleague from hell and her husband who is also a lawyer with 30 years experience, however I wish he was more attentive as his losing interest in his work due to his other construction company so he isnt much help. Anyway this guy is a fourth year Law student at Macquarie; I hate life in the office because of him.

1. His arrogant.
2. Conceited
3. Nose stuck up in the air, when clients come in to speak to us, he tells them to speak to him because I apparently don't know anything.
4. The other day I sat in the main room with the nice desk and he insisted I move because 'Yolla (my boss) had put him in charge and that he was the boss' when obviously that was not true.
5. Always tries to correct me, when half the time he doesn’t know what his doing, he tries to look important in the office by writing instructions on what he has to do next on paper, wasting all his time.
6. When my bosses husband tells me to go to Court proceedings with him, meetings with barristers or doing something that is legally oriented he'll ask me a million questions, always looks like his about to cry because he wasn't asked to go.

I had a verbal argument with him in the office because I couldn't handle him! What should I do? His driving me insane! He wasn’t like this before my boss went of to France. I don't know how long I can take it.

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
Sorry, not much help here.

But if you study law and don't understand the difference between "his" and "he's" then it is my firm opinion that everyone is your boss.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
If she has only gone on holiday for a month, my advice would be to just put up with it until she gets back.

Be internally strong, lay low and keep working hard and the troubles will be gone soon enough

monzi

HSC
Baiku said:
Sorry, not much help here.

But if you study law and don't understand the difference between "his" and "he's" then it is my firm opinion that everyone is your boss.
Haha typo. Ignore that, I'm at work right now I probably don't pay attention to how I'm structuring my sentences, this isn't a grammar competition.

monzi

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
If she has only gone on holiday for a month, my advice would be to just put up with it until she gets back.

Be internally strong, lay low and keep working hard and the troubles will be gone soon enough
Thanks MoonlightSonata, I think I will do just that. I really hate it when people take it upon themselves to treat you like you are below them, its degrading. Especially when he knows nothing, I've only been here about two-three months his nearly been here one whole year and I correct him sometimes. He doesn't know how to work as a team. He spend countless hours speaking to his girlfriend on the phone, yet he still thinks he can play boss. The hypocrisy.

T

Tom Ruprecht

Don't worry about it. You're there to learn and to work hard. And if you keep working hard, the lawyers will see that and take you out to do more legal stuff like going to court and meeting barristers.

Be pleasant to the guy, and ask him questions about himself. People like talking about themselves.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:

i second that.

monzi, you're gonna get kicked around a lot in professional life. just gotta take it with a pinch of salt i guess. :)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
pete_mate said:
just tell him UTS > Macquarie
But why would she want to lie?

Hmm, tell me his name and erm, I'll go beat him up for you....okay I won't, but I might know who he is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)