• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Job Dilemma (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
What would you guys rather?
a) a low paying job, let's say $10/hr and do shit all... OR
b) a nicely paid job, say $15/hr and it's busy as hell

anyone wanna compare that to their real life experience?

A

adamsaclown

i'd go for b, unless there are some good people working at a)... doing nothing for hours on end really gets to you after a while.... plus at the end of the day, with b), you'll have more money, and be more able to cope with stressful work in the future

pottsy44

HSC
id take b anyday. i am in a atm, i do shit all, i sit at a computer all day fucking scibbling on paper and reading ramdon shit on the net most of the my days. only occassionally getting decent work.

admittedly i put myself in this situation sometimes, as when i get crap work i dont like, i take forever to do it, just stuffing around doing other things, ie 30min job, ill finish it in 3 hours or something.

fuck im lazy sometimes lol.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i think it depends what you mean by "busy as hell" if it's so busy that you only think u could handle the job for a few months, then A is probably a better option (espescially if it's a social environment, (unless u cant stand boredom at all, then go B) but if B is just not a bludgy job, that you could handle then definatley B

hellomike

HSC
There's a lot of people I know who prefer working a) and it really annoys me. They are always arguing that they do shit all and they earn for what they do. I would rather be in a job where I actually like and know the company and its busy. I like a busy environment and always on my feet. It only reflects me as a good employee.

Zozo6969

HSC
but remember, if the job is shit boring with nothing to do, time will go so fukcing slow u wont believe it. choose the better pay with extra work, earn those extra $$$, plus wouldnt u feel bad about getting money for doing shit all.....................................(na, i wouldnt either)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
busy as hell = time goes by

I can't handle boredom and nothingness for long periods of time.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
as i write this im sitting at work, in situation a)

video store, but my boss ensured we get an internet connection. considering its cash in hand, i get $10 for sitting on my arse most of the time. the work is easy, and when i work on mondays, thursdays and sundays, its relatively quiet.
i've posed this question to myself numerous times - go for a better job, but lose the getting paid for nothing, or stick with it, despite the fact its shit pay.. I guess it's all up to you. Would you be working 5 days a week at $15/hr? I think if I were to continue with my 2-3 days a week, I'd want to continue with my $10/hr rate of pay... But that's just me, as I get to sit on here and talk to you guys.

sarevok

HSC
if i could study when doing a), then a)

otherwise b), i need most $ with least amount of hours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)