• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Job Prospects? (1 Viewer)

doink

Clone
HSC
Just wondering what job prospects are like for Law graduates from UNSW and which combined degree increases them, i have been offered a DFEE place for combined law and am wondering whether i would be able to cope with the $120,000 debt in the end. I have a passion for law and really want to be a lawyer.

I am also wondering if i can defer the year then do first year of my main round course and see if i get enough for a 1st year transfer into a CSP.

lionking1191

HSC
unless your social life is a total failure, don't worry about job prospects if you get a law degree out of usyd ;)

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
you may be able to transfer to CSP if your marks for uni + uai is competetive enough. i don't think you can do it for this semster as usually they only base it on your uai if it is your first semseter so you would have to wait until next semester. also if you do get a CSP place and have completed first year successfully i think you don't have to repeat second year. also you think it is that bad why not consider a different uni with a lower cut off for law?

EDIT: oh yeah i forgot to mention that most law degrees are combined degrees so i dont think that will give you a genuine advantage.

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
both of the above posters are like three months too late..

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
doink said:
I am also wondering if i can defer the year then do first year of my main round course and see if i get enough for a 1st year transfer into a CSP.
Start of uni, anyone?

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
You could always follow the advice of 85% of this forum, ignore the 'prestige' factor and realise that it's marks that get you jobs, and gain entry into a commonwealth supported place at a 'lower ranked' uni instead?

But then again I am a circus clown, I do not know.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
hfis said:
You could always follow the advice of 85% of this forum, ignore the 'prestige' factor and realise that it's marks that get you jobs, and gain entry into a commonwealth supported place at a 'lower ranked' uni instead?

But then again I am a circus clown, I do not know.
Are you one of the ppl that run the LSS at UOW???

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
To quote Iago, 'I am not what I am.' Beyond that I can't really comment.

It seems these days that most people in and around the McKinnon Building know me though, so you've probably seen/met me at one point or another if you're social enough.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i too have achieved infamy for all the right reasons. :)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
hfis said:
To quote Iago, 'I am not what I am.' Beyond that I can't really comment.

It seems these days that most people in and around the McKinnon Building know me though, so you've probably seen/met me at one point or another if you're social enough.
either way, you guys cook a good bbq

although the cocktail party was a little quiet

hopefully the "Law Ball" is better

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
(To derail the thread further)

Yeah, the cocktail party this year was a bit of a let down. Last year's was better, it had free alcohol (!) and we got the LSS banned from yet another venue.

The Law Balls are usually good. Glad to see you're getting involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)