Job question (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Hey all this is gonna sound a little weird but...
Ok I'm 18 and Ive only ever had one job (5 years ago) and that was cos it was a friend of my Dads (who turned out to be a real prick so I don't work there anymore). The rest of the time I just did volunteer work and now I'm actually going for a job interview and I have no-idea what to do... what questions will be asked etc. I have my resume sorted out.. thats fine but I dunno hopw to write that letter thing either. Can anyone plz help me out with either Ithe interview stuf and/or what I should put in the letter?
Thanx heaps

P.S. Its only a for a part-time job between stud for college or uni or whatever and the job is in retail and sales.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
From what I remember, these are a list of questions that were asked to me by MYER when I went for their interview...
Not all of them are as rigorous as this one... :)

1) They ask you to tell them about yourself.
2) Question you why you want to work there.
3) Why they should hire you.
4) They basically ask you how u would react in certain situations (ie customer complaints, enquiries etc)
5) They asked me what is the most important thing when working in a group.
6) They asked me this question if I knew what kind of things the store sold
7) They also asked what advantages their competitors might have over MYER. Including demographics. :p

Your cover letter should just be a summary of your skills, personal qualities, past work experience and what you can bring to the company if you are employed... etc etc
If you want a sample, PM me and I can send you mine if you want...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)