John Donne essay (1 Viewer)

angeleyez

I thought it was really crap in critical study how they specified 'The Sunne Rising' to discuss in the conversation. Even though i was prepared for it, what about those who weren't. Our teachers told us to learn all of John Donne's poems. ITS ALREADY BAD ENOUGH MEMORISING THREE ESSAYS FOR PAPER 2 let alone learning all of Donne's poems and what the critics think of them!!!!

That SUCKS!

kini mini

HSC
I agree that it's unreasonable to specify a poem, even one like "Sunne Rising" which I'm sure a lot of people did know. I understand that the syllabus does specify that we should know all 7, but to know all in that much detail is unfeasible.

Perhaps it was designed to separate the candidature - though IMO they should have asked for a comparison of ANY religious poem with ANY love poem (for example) if they wanted to do that.

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
at least they didn't ask for Good Friday 1613, Riding Westward

I wasn't really prepared for the sunne rising, I knew every poem except for the sunne rising because i thought that was the easiest one and I didn;t think they'd go and ask for the easiest one.

Well I was wrong.

But it's an easy poem to write crap about. Easy to remember bits and pieces of it.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah
It was better they asked sunne rising rather than hymne or 1613 cos thats too hard to jus make crap up about
u really need to be immersed in those poems, which i couldnt b bothered to do

utopian731

Eudaimonian
ONe of my friends was a bit shitty because i assured him that itwas extremely unlikely that they would specify a poem - hehehe, you know with sylvia plath being asked in the same question

oh welll

i agree with everyone with friday 1613, what a pain in the ass poem, as well as hymn to my god

i dunno about you guys, but donne struck me as a repulsive smartass, i dont care how clever his poetry is....
:)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by utopian731

i agree with everyone with friday 1613, what a pain in the ass poem, as well as hymn to my god

i dunno about you guys, but donne struck me as a repulsive smartass, i dont care how clever his poetry is....
:)
You must have used Samuel Johnson then hehe

I'm glad GF:1613 wasn't there, hymn to g my g would have been good though, I was prepared for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)