• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

:: JourNaL :: (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
erm guys - what are you putting in your journal exactly. i read some past ones, but they were all over the place - i.e. some were good, others, not so great... would anyone please be able to give me some pointers on what to put in mine..
i know - all the research, but is it also like your goals for the weeks etc?!

steffo

steph
HSC
your journal is your everything! put all ideas, thoughts, worries, drafts, joys, research, experiences relating to topic, the way u feel about your MW, your goals, your good and bad days, etc etc etc. the site above is very helpful.
i think it depends a lot on your medium whether u find your journal as helpful or not. and it also depends on your personality.
if you've had a lot of experience with logging and journelling things (ie. with drama or other subjects with MWs) you will probably be used to it and feel comfortable with the process.

its all about becoming attached to it i reckon. the way to do that is write in religiously. even if u think its crap, it cn develop. its about documenting all your ideas and having evidence u didnt plagorise as well. its internally assessed and there for backup when you get your MW marked.

make it a reflection of you journey with your MW. take your moods and your creations into the journal. its a good release. its good for getting through writer's block too.

i love my journal. i love it to bits. if you get into it lots and write heaps like i have, make sure you photocopy it though. in stages. coz if it gets wet (like mine half did) or gets blown up, you will cry for years.

by the way, if u havent got a grasp of your journal yet thats not very good. its a major element of your process and you should be using it regularly.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I love my journal too!! I just stick anything that relates to my work into it and sometimes i comment on it and make little notes, sometimes i don't and i love writing my enteries about my progress or lack therefore.

persephone

HSC
I loved my journal. I keep reminding myself to get it back off my teacher. But basically it's where you do all your work, or you stick in your research, your ideas, assessment tasks. It's supposed to show the progress of your idea to the completed work. It is very rare for the marker's to check it, unless they think your MW is a bit dodgy. I love my journal. that was the best thing I ever did.

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
I, on the other hand, hate my journal with an unholy zeal, and wish to banish it to the ends of the Earth.

Unsurprisingly, I'm having a lot of problems with mine... I need more areas in which I can stuff my journal with inane babble!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)