• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Juris Doctor Sydney University (1 Viewer)

Coddington

HSC
Hello, I heard that the requirements for postgraduate law (JD) at USyd is 25% ATAR and 75% Tertiary Marks. I achieved an ATAR of 90.25, if I were to excel in my Law degree (I plan to transfer), would I have a good shot at making it into postgraduate Law. Also, what is the Oxford and Cambridge pathways and how does one get into it?

Coddington

HSC
Why would you want to transfer from an undergraduate law to postgraduate law?
I'm pretty sure that the 2 are equivalent qualifications.

EDIT: Now I see why... you want international recognition.
I don't know about your chances, since I am unfamiliar with the typical scores required to enter the JD at USYD (but I'm sure there are threads from previous years, either on whirlpool or boredofstudies)

As for the Oxford/Cambridge pathways, see http://sydney.edu.au/law/about/international/international_pathways.shtml
Isn't a JD a postgraduate Law degree? Please excuse my ignorance, I'm really confused.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, two different qualifications, same end game and same regard... You need to have COMPLETED an undergraduate degree (that's not a LLB degree, because they are the same thing) to actually be eligible to study a JD... Want to do something right, do your LLM afterwards...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)