Jurisprudence (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
hey everybody!

i got an exam on wednesday and i gotta work on jurisprudence/ Critical legal theory - not just know it but really appreciate it

- so where we have a 4-3 HC decision u obviously gotta look at jurisprudential biases

but thats the only practical example of how jurisprudence is useful to a lawyer i can think off

can we get a discussion going, why bother ? or how it understands what the law is, what it should be etc?? :rolleyes:

id really appreciate that

HSC
why don't you post this on utsonline haha?

international law?/morality/natural law theories come through --> should there be the acceptance of international law v the idea of sovereignty - cos international law doesn't really have 'one' ruler, which basically kills the idea of soveriegnty and positivism that natural law has.

you can apply jurisprudence to issues about thelaw like for the last seminar; law & society - the idea of law being equal to women etc.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
charlie_charlie said:
why don't you post this on utsonline haha?

international law?/morality/natural law theories come through --> should there be the acceptance of international law v the idea of sovereignty - cos international law doesn't really have 'one' ruler, which basically kills the idea of soveriegnty and positivism that natural law has.

you can apply jurisprudence to issues about thelaw like for the last seminar; law & society - the idea of law being equal to women etc.

if u knew my real name, u wouldnt be asking that Q

im trying to get outside help

but im about to ask on utsonline

HSC
oooh are you a regular then :p

so you're (from the list) either....yanko, elias, thomas or andrew. unless you're a girl. or anonymous. ;)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
how come i never learnt that much jurisprudence in LPH? :p

santaslayer

HSC
Did you do the Brandy Case?

Brandy V Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission (1995) 183 CLR 245

HREOC is not a Chapter 3 Court and so their determinations are not binding or conclusive. The Federal Court is the way to go.

Interesting case.
I think it has sometrhing to do with jurisp...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)