Just a question regarding Maths ext. 1 ... (1 Viewer)

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Hey, I was curious as to how well the advanced course in year 10 prepares you for the extension courses in senior years.

Any feedback suggesting required ability in year 10 which could be indicative of ability in year 11 mathematics extension 1 would be appreciated. Eg. a score of 90+ throughout the year in the advanced course, etc.? What would i be looking to achieve in year 10?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
You would want to be doing well in advanced to be thinking of doing well in extension 1 maths, however you can do well in extension 1 maths if you try really hard and put the effort in in years 11 and 12, even if you;re going bad at advanced maths in year 10. Hmm, I remember the option topics that my teacher taught us in year 10 was logarithms, polynomials and circle geometry. That will help you for the 2 unit and 3 unit courses in years 11 and 12.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Mark576 said:
Any feedback suggesting required ability in year 10 which could be indicative of ability in year 11 mathematics extension 1 would be appreciated. Eg. a score of 90+ throughout the year in the advanced course, etc.? What would i be looking to achieve in year 10?
It's hard to provide an indicative range, because of the varying degree of difficulty your year 10 exams are. But if you want a rough range, anything including consistently being in the top 1 or 2 maths classes (out of several, like 5 or 6, that's how it worked at my school) would suggest you are definitely capable of the course work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)