just a question? (1 Viewer)

humptydumpty5

HSC
N/A
hey everyone I was just wondering are trials separate from internals or are they combined with internals??

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
A trial exam is a school-based task that contributes to your internal performance, which in turn contributes 50% of your HSC mark (final mark) for a particular subject, in the form of an Assessment Mark.

I hope this helps! :D

humptydumpty5

HSC
N/A
A trial exam is a school-based task that contributes to your internal performance, which in turn contributes 50% of your HSC mark (final mark) for a particular subject, in the form of an Assessment Mark.

I hope this helps! :D
so if Im ranked 2nd in chem and then by the time I sit trials I am ranked 1st would it be like I ranked 1st overall or is it like we can see I was 2nd and than jumped to the 1st rank idk if that made any sense haha

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
so if Im ranked 2nd in chem and then by the time I sit trials I am ranked 1st would it be like I ranked 1st overall or is it like we can see I was 2nd and than jumped to the 1st rank idk if that made any sense haha
All school-based assessment tasks (including trial exams) contribute to your rank relative to your cohort in a particular subject. Of course, there is a rank in terms of one task (in this case, a rank in a trial exam) and a rank that determines the student's final position in a particular subject compared to their cohort. This overall/final rank is subsequently used to determine your Assessment Mark, which contributes 50% of your HSC mark in a particular subject, such as Chemistry. To illustrate this, you may perform well in your Chemistry trial exam and consequently rank first in that particular task. However, your overall rank in Chemistry (the element that you are looking to maximise to supplement your internal performance) is to be determined according to your performance in all the school-based assessment tasks and exams that you complete as you progress through year 12.

humptydumpty5

HSC
N/A
All school-based assessment tasks (including trial exams) contribute to your rank relative to your cohort in a particular subject. Of course, there is a rank in terms of one task (in this case, a rank in a trial exam) and a rank that determines the student's final position in a particular subject compared to their cohort. This overall/final rank is subsequently used to determine your Assessment Mark, which contributes 50% of your HSC mark in a particular subject, such as Chemistry. To illustrate this, you may perform well in your Chemistry trial exam and consequently rank first in that particular task. However, your overall rank in Chemistry (the element that you are looking to maximise to supplement your internal performance) is to be determined according to your performance in all the school-based assessment tasks and exams that you complete as you progress through year 12.
ahhh okkk thank you so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)