• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

just about costume design.. (1 Viewer)

Gummy_bear

HSC
hi. ok heres the deal, i only today, after seeing onstage, decided that i wanted to do costume design instead of performance. but ive already started my log book for performance, and taken up about 15 pages with research and stuff.
my question is, do i start a new log book? or do i explain that i want to do design instead in my current log book and start doing that? :confused:
i would like to get a bigger log book as my current one is only a4, but i dont know if i shojuld start again as if i never wanted to do performance..
id really like ur opinions.
thanx ^_^

Crowie

HSC
N/A
keeping the same log book will show ur process that u started with costume and then changed so ur teacher will see it and understand thats the reason u r that much futher behind every one else and you can always just use a 2nd log book if u fill up the log book

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Your markers will get a sheet of paper with your MW saying, this person changed projects as of this date... Unless it all hasn't been submitted yet. Your logbooks arn't marked, they are there to take the place of post performance discussion the performance students get.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I think you should keep the same book...unless you need to get a new one. If you need to get a new one, then rip the pages from your old and put them into your new. Let the marker know your progress and your reasonings.

Also, I heard that your logbook heavily influences you mark. I could be wrong though?

tendays

ickle firstie
HSC
I think in a way it does. It may not be thoroughly poured over, but it's so, so, so important to have a logbook that shows every little thought you've had and every reasoning, showing exactly where you got your ideas. If you went to onstage, you'd probably have noticed that the logbooks were more or less full. not all of it went into the final work, but there was so much stuff, from little patterns and swatches of material that the student liked, right down to photocopies of the text with analysis, even magazine ads that they liked.

Gummy_bear

HSC
thanx a lot for all the great info! ive decided to get a bigger log book and stick the old log books entries in like most of u suggested. im gonna get a bigger one so i can make more detailed pictures.
thanx again for all the great advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)