• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Just realised how much bottling up has been doing to me (am an idiot) (1 Viewer)

madcrazy

HSC
Basically i was doing some practice english essay (Eal/d) for paper 1. Spent a good 1 hour literally writing it, it was good but 1 hour is long. Got frustrated with my shitty performance and got so pissed. I usually bottle things up and get me a "push through it" mentality, but this time i said fuck it and went for a walk for about 30 minutes. Honestly holy shit it was the most stress relieving thing ive done since idk being stressed. I came back and began spamming good essays again in less than 30 minutes. Yall if your angry or stressed during studying, it is better to waste half an hour relieving yourself than spending the next 5 hours studying while stressed.

wildwestworm

HSC
That is a very good point tho. Bottling things up causes your emotions to show up in other physical and mental ways. It's like leaving cancer untreated which causes it to move on to a different stage. You'll just become worse and it'll affect your life in so many other ways without you realising. Sorry to get deep 😭 but you really need to acknowledge your emotions especially at a stressful time like this, even just writing them down (as unhelpful as that sounds). I wrote letters to my future and past self and it helped me understand my self more and why I felt certain emotions. Walking is also a really good idea especially as it did help you feel better. Take care and good luck for your exams !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)