just vomited on the day on eco now what (1 Viewer)

mxhelle

HSC
i dont have any flu symptoms and it aint gastro either, but im still feeling nauseous...cuz of covid restrictions am i even allowed to go in the exam or not 😭😭 i dont want a 0 😭😭😭

fridgmagnet

HSC
If you haven’t had any flu symptoms prior then you probably threw up due to nerves in which case it’s fine to go to school

mxhelle

HSC
lemme rephrase, what if i vomit during the test because of stress and not because im sick, would i still be able to receive special consideration?

icycledough

HSC
Based on what the following says, your previous question would fit in the bottom category (of course, hopefully you are feeling much better in the exam and it was just because of nerves). I think the hardest thing about your question is how they would find the cause of your vomiting; usually, it is because you do have symptoms (I haven't heard of anyone vomiting because of stress, but I might just be unaware about something like it)

Illness and misadventure

Illness and misadventure is available for HSC students who:
  • have tested positive to COVID-19 or are under the direction of NSW Health to self-isolate at the time of an exam
  • are unwell or have flu-like symptoms at the time of an exam.

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
i dont have any flu symptoms and it aint gastro either, but im still feeling nauseous...cuz of covid restrictions am i even allowed to go in the exam or not 😭😭 i dont want a 0 😭😭😭
That’s probably because your stressing too hard, try to drink water and have something sweet to lower stress levels. Your not gonna go anywhere if you consistently stress, which make you perform lower to your abilities, you got this stay calm and take that exam like your life depends on it 👊😅.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Based on what the following says, your previous question would fit in the bottom category (of course, hopefully you are feeling much better in the exam and it was just because of nerves). I think the hardest thing about your question is how they would find the cause of your vomiting; usually, it is because you do have symptoms (I haven't heard of anyone vomiting because of stress, but I might just be unaware about something like it)

Illness and misadventure

Illness and misadventure is available for HSC students who:
  • have tested positive to COVID-19 or are under the direction of NSW Health to self-isolate at the time of an exam
  • are unwell or have flu-like symptoms at the time of an exam.
Someone who is sick before / during an exam should go see their GP, who will almost certainly write a medical certificate. NESA isn't going to second guess a medical opinion without quite extraordinary circumstances.

vishnay

God
HSC
Someone who is sick before / during an exam should go see their GP, who will almost certainly write a medical certificate. NESA isn't going to second guess a medical opinion without quite extraordinary circumstances.
my school said they would rather u show up to the exam instead of going to a gp since the word of an invigilator has more authority

they said something along the lines of "even if you're throwing up buckets come to school so the invigilator can record how sick you are and declare you as unfit to take the examination" bc apparently they don't take a medical cert seriously

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
I was thinking of the GP if you threw up in the exam, to back the invigilator.

For sick beforehand, I think it depends on what... if you skip the exam, put in a form saying you felt unwell with no details and had a medical certificate stating you had a sprained nostril hair, I doubt you'd get much sympathy.

If you were having a massive chest pains, vomiting, difficulty standing, and were taken to hospital by ambulance with a possible heart attack and rushed for emergency surgery, I think general well-being says medical treatment first and if you have to fight with NESA, assume common sense will have the medical staff, your parents, your school, and members of the media behind you.

There is plenty of room between these extremes for judgement as to what is best. In the case of anxiety that is into the panic attack, need urgent intervention category (and not just a bad case of nervousness), going to school to see the invigilators w=is not necessarily medically wise. If needed, I would suggest a parent accompany you and speak to the school to provide support and reassurance that you won't be pressured to do the exam and try to get by if you are genuinely not physically capable.

I know of a case where a student on the way to school for a Trial HSC exam when a pedestrian about a metre away stepped out onto the road and was hit by a bus. The school advised the student to just "put it out of your mind and focus on the exam" and did nothing further... I mention this because there are still people around with the attitude to just be tough and cope when that is not an adequate response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)