Keep\Drop Non Performing Subject (1 Viewer)

deastley

HSC
Hey People,

Would anyone be able to tell me, im currently studying physics and didnt do great in the trial and dont really feel like i know the stuff that well, is it best to keep the subject or kill it and focus on remaining.

Cheers

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
deastley said:
Hey People,

Would anyone be able to tell me, im currently studying physics and didnt do great in the trial and dont really feel like i know the stuff that well, is it best to keep the subject or kill it and focus on remaining.

Cheers
You've already gotten this far - Why not see it to the end?

Number7

HSC
If you're doing good in all your other subjects, drop! The extra time can only benefit you. But if you're doing comparably the same in another 2u subject, maybe you should keep it. Of course, there's a lot you haven't told us so yeah.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
well you've managed for this long, why not stick with it until the end?you should probably only drop it if: you're really doing badly; you're doing heaps better in all your other subjects (the implication being that it may not end up being counted); and/or you dont have the motivation to improve, you know you're just going to slack off.

but if you're doing ok (or even if you're doing crap) and you have the motivation to really pull yourself up, then think about keeping it. you never know how much you could improve between now and the exams, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
You should only consider dropping at this time of the year if you are 100% sure that it won't count towards your UAI and if you are doing 12 units or more.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i was in the same predicament with studies of religion.

i never actually wanted to do 2 units of it but my coordinator didnt quite let me drop it (but thats deserving of another thread) so this entire year ive been pretty unmotivated to do too much work in religion class.

Ive been getting pretty bad marks but im confident ill do well in all my other subjects so ive been spending most religion lessons this term working on other subjects (my teacher is a nice guy and i dont disturb the class). i still learn a few things about essay writing and such which can help in history and english and some of the topics that end up getting debated can be interesting.

in my opinion: if your assessment mark is probably going to be under band 4, and you dont believe youre going to do too good in the HSC, as long as your confident about your remaining subjects you may as well drop it.

remember a low rank doesnt necessarily mean a bad assessment mark, think about how the people with similar rankings and the class overall will do in the HSC.

also its a science subject so cramming is still very possible :p

passion89

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
You've already gotten this far - Why not see it to the end?

Half my Physics class decided that they wanted to drop Physics after the trials and I just kept thinking...why? You've done nearly 4 terms of physics work, it's nearly the HSC and you wanna give it all up? If you have 12 units, I think you should keep the subject as a 'backup' so that if something unexpected happens with any of your other subjects, you still have 2 units to back you up.
I understand though, that you're not doing so well and would like to drop it as a result. If you want my opinion, I say keep :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)