• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

keeping you awake (1 Viewer)

Arithela

HSC
apart from coffee, v, red bull, what else could potentially keep you awake and alert while studying?

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
i drink alot of pepsi max.
lots of caffeine/ no sugar = not fat.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Why do you need to keep yourself awake?

Time management is helpful, because like ccc123 said if you manage your time you should be able to get sufficient sleep and study when your mind is fresh not when it is time to be asleep.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
ccc123 said:
I would say the most effective way to deal with this would be to get sufficient sleep in the first place and study at reasonable hours.
agreed.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
lol bugger time management - work when u feel like working even if its late at night. tea will keep u awake longer than coffee. no-doz will keep u awake all night if u have enough. dont like your chances of functioning the next day tho.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
risole91 said:
i drink alot of pepsi max.
lots of caffeine/ no sugar = not fat.
fuck yes, pepsi max is the only soft drink i'll have now that's not lemonade.

anyway i find red bull REALLY perks me up, it's pretty impressive.

ccc123 said:
I would say the most effective way to deal with this would be to get sufficient sleep in the first place and study at reasonable hours.
meh. ideally, sure you may have a point, but "improve time management!" is such an empty and redundant piece of advice. especially when there's seriously no harm in the occassional cram.

ccc123

HSC
Jachie said:
meh. ideally, sure you may have a point, but "improve time management!" is such an empty and redundant piece of advice. especially when there's seriously no harm in the occassional cram.
Yeah, I see your point. I acknowledge that occasional reliance on caffine for a night cramming session is somewhat inevitable. Yet, I see myself the repercussions of studying like this on a consistant basis, as my friends who rely solely on this method are now a) always tired during the day (when you're actually supposed to be learning/studying) and b) always sick because they've seriously screwed up their immune system.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
i never studied while i'm tired. if you are tired then sleep!! even if you have an exam the next day. if you have not learnt it by now then, cramming will hardly help you and it will probably be worse for you because your brain hasn't had enough sleep to function properly.

bassistx

HSC
20 cups of coffee.
You will not sleep for 3 days (depends on how used to caffiene your system is).

Agitated, yes, but alert? Definitely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)