• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

kicked out?! (1 Viewer)

Bl0nDi3

HSC
Are teachers allowed to stop you from doing a course in year 12 if you have done the preliminary course, havent missed a class but have gotten marks below 50% twice last year eg. maths ext? I thought it was one of the rules of the board of studies that teachers can only advice you to drop but cannot actually kick you out

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Bl0nDi3 said:
Are teachers allowed to stop you from doing a course in year 12 if you have done the preliminary course, havent missed a class but have gotten marks below 50% twice last year eg. maths ext? I thought it was one of the rules of the board of studies that teachers can only advice you to drop but cannot actually kick you out
yes they can only advice you to drop out of the class. they cannot kick you out of the class unless you got an "N" mark or because you did not meet the requirements. i failed maths in yr11 and im still here.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
They can stop you from doing MX2 if you didn't meet their standards in preliminary MX1.

Otherwise, you're free to continue any subjects from year 11.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I think that's also true for EX2, you need to be in the top (insert number here) or whatever standard your school sets to be able to do these extensions. But that's not really kicking you out, they're just not letting you in because you're not up to the standard required by them.

P

pLuvia

Bl0nDi3 said:
True for picking any new extensions, maths, english, languages and history. But they're not kicking you out, just not allowing you to do it.

But if you are in a class currently, then they are not allowed to "kick you out"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)