King Lear oral assessment T__T (1 Viewer)

elven_princess

we got this task for adv english at our school, about King Lear.

Imagine ur the director of a new production of King Lear, addressing the cast regarding ur interpretation of the play. With close reference to at least one significant scene, explain your reading of the play, what ideas and readings have influenced you, and how you intend to convey your ideas.

we have max of 5 min for that speaking T__T

anyone can give me any ideas???

VannyB

hey princess,

do u go to randwick girls because i happen to have exactly the same assessment.......
Who r u ??? It's Vanessa B in Ms Mack's class oooo this is so random......

malkin86

HSC
so what's your reading?

just wafflle on about colour choices, lighting, props, how each character should react. perhaps the blinding scene?

elven_princess

yes Vanessa, it's Kathleen, from ur class :D

we watched the Peter Brook interpretation of King Lear, theatre of the absurd....it was quite bad......
but i also watched another version, a BBC version, directed by Jonathan Miller, which has proper stage setting, props and costumes and it was acted out very well..should i use both of it??

or use the Peter Brook's version and a Jan Kott article on King Lear -___-??? im lost...><

Last edited:

Toxic_Tears

Kathleen............Venessa.................Woow..........This is Shaolee...Damn u guys....we're meant to get other ppl's help..and no one else is posting...

malkin86

HSC
with brook, look at his use of nothingness.. "Goneril wears the boots and Regan wears the skirt" I think is a quote from him. He sees Cordelia as a doll.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by elven_princess
we got this task for adv english at our school, about King Lear.

Imagine ur the director of a new production of King Lear, addressing the cast regarding ur interpretation of the play. With close reference to at least one significant scene, explain your reading of the play, what ideas and readings have influenced you, and how you intend to convey your ideas.

we have max of 5 min for that speaking T__T

anyone can give me any ideas???
I just did that assessment! Just tag on some deconstructionist philosophy and comment on the use of stagecraft, lighting, costuming, similarities between your version and KL and differences and how it is successful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)