KING LEAR RESPONSE...please help (1 Viewer)

mz del piero

im really stuck on this question....
"The three characters who speak the most in King Lear are Lear, Edgar, and Kent. Compare and contrast the language and motifs used by these three in the context of your reading of the play."
i really dont know where to start and i can't find any infor to help me out

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
What you're essentially trying to do is define the characters in context of your reading. The effect of the characters words' and structure of their speech will change depending on what sort of reading you're applying.

Where to start? make a table or a list of the type of language and the motifs - recurring signs, phrases, or allusions - that each of the character uses, particularly in soliloquoys or important scenes.

Then consider how these elements could alter your perception of them, or their motives. Someone talking frequently about birds flying often indicates a desire for freedom - perhaps they're caught in a gender role, or whatever.

hth.

Mays

HSC
i have to write a response to the that question too...however im confussed...
:confused:
are we suppose to talk about different interpretations and productions? or only one..

so we compare different language and motifs used by kent, edgar and lear in one interpretation or more??

Mays

HSC
:wave:
hey...um i dont think u kno me i dont know many people on this sight lol...
<--- look only 3 posts...im a newbie..

Mays

HSC
aha!...
after stydying ur profile (meanwhile why dont i study eng seeing as we have an assessment tmrw)... procrastination....
your either
a) merella
b) Claire
c) maybe i just rocked my self n ur neither...
so...with that said...
its back to Lear

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)