King Richard III/Looking for Richard essay question help (1 Viewer)

rubyp

HSC
The question for my essay is: "The study of Intertextual Connections allows greater insight into the ideas that the texts present." Discuss the insight gained through connecting King Richard III and Looking for Richard.
I'm having trouble with discussing the insights gained - how explicitly do I need to refer to this? I can write about the ideas and how they're shared but I have no idea how to fully answer the question.

sida1049

HSC
Pretty explicitly. In general, for any English essay question, you must answer the question explicitly.

That said, all English questions are very broad and leave plenty of room for interpretation, and "discuss" questions are the easiest to answer. So here, you can interpret the insights as your ideas. And thus in answering the question, you need to state that studying both texts highlights these insights (ideas) to a greater extent (through representing different angles of these ideas, or whatever), and the meat of your essay will be an analysis of these ideas with comparison of their portrayal in both texts.

Also keep in mind that Module A is all about context, so be sure to make plenty of references to that. Better yet, you could say about how the contrasting contexts of the texts enhance the insights/ideas in some way.

I also did King Richard III and Looking For Richard. My essays are available here. (Though note that my practice essay question is a bit different.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)