• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Kmart (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
Ive been workin in Kmart for over 5 years now and been wondering about applying for a Management position..anyone know of someone doing this or yeah just how to go about doing this..i know you have to do an interview and apply for a Manager In Training program..but does anyone know what actually goes on? thanks

Danoz The Great

HSC
I know at Target, you need at least your Certificate III in retail to start a Manager in Training program.

At target, basically an MT (Manager Trainee) is a person who is studying for their Certificate IV in Retail (Supervision).

I'd mention that you're thinking about doing this to the HR manager or your department manager, and maybe do retail through k-mart as a traineeship, or thru TAFE etc.

(I don't know too much on this. You can probably tell :p)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea, on coles myer site it just says to apply for a MIT position..doesnt say anything regarding tafe or a degree..im already doing Business Management at UWS so i figure this will give me some experience

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
For Kmart you do not need any retail certificates to become a MIT, you do them whilst you are on the MIT program. If you have been at Kmart 5 years Led-Zep you have a fair chance of successfully becoming a MIT, but you won't be able to do it at the same time as uni, because its LONG hours and there are a lot of assignments and theory stuff as well as the on-the-job stuff.

And you won't be able to stay at the store you are at now, you will get shifed around a few times.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
ok thanks. i kno u have to do a year training thing.. so yea i mite as well wait till i finish uni hey..thanks alot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)