knowing a chemist (1 Viewer)

S.M.R.

HSC
hi guys

the syllabus asks us to know a chemist or the like (it's the 1st or 2nd bit of this topic I think). Just making sure - does this mean we need to know, for instance, a environmental chemist's job generally etc. or actually a specific chemist eg Prof. Joe Bloggs of ABC Institution who uses XYZ principle of chemistry. (I'm 99% it's the former, yet I have seen some summary sheets with actual chemist's names and bio's, etc)

Last edited:

boxhunter91

HSC
1.2.1 Outline the role of a chemist employed in a named industry or enterprise, identifying the branch of chemistry undertaken by the chemist and explaining a chemical principle that the chemist uses.

You do need to know a specific individual. I have done the same for my dotpoints. Seriously this won't even come up. It came up in 2007. I highly doubt it will return this year.

danal353

HSC
that dot point annoys me to no end... just like the battery comparison one in topic one

chelsjones

HSC
Do you know of any chemists that are easy to get information on for this dot point?

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
this dot point takes next to no work, basically u just email any scientific institution in australia, find someone there willing to take 3minutes to answer ur questions, and then memorise like 3 facts, but yes it is part of the syllabus

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
btw if u wanna "cheat" my one was, Dr. A. Cawley, an analytical chemist, who works for (i sort of forgot this one) australian institute of drug testing??? (not too sure lol). chemical principle he uses: AAS, helps to work out concentrations of certain ions in samples to ascertain info about the sample

xD

johNNyboy772

HSC
Jsut cheat and make up a name - just make sure you know what is actually involved in his/her job

DistantCube

HSC
If anyone needs any help with this in future; I was a chemist, PM me and I'll send details.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)