• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Komninos speech help (1 Viewer)

sweetcherrychic

HSC
Hello everyone.Good afternoon.Im doing a speech and i need help bad.I dont get it.Here is the question.
Select an issue that is explored in komninos poems about ways of living in contemporary society and present a speech for 3-5 mins.Explain how this issue is treated by komninos by making specific reference to his effective use of language in the relevant poems.
Also discuss at least 2 other related texts of your own choosing.Explain how these texts helped expand your understanding of these issue explored in komninos poems.

OMG im so lost.plz help me so bad

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
e.g.

'consumer rap', you would talk about Komninos's effective use of the rap genre to appeal to the contemporary audience and the didactic tone of the poem "you've gotta ask questions" to educate the audience and using language of consumerism such as "ask choice info line" as the audience should be aware as a consumer in their way of living.

'the girls', the shock at the last line "to throw up in" provides a succinct evaluation of alcohol abuse which contradicts body image and is ultimately unexpected.

The rhyme in 'eat'
"
the egg diet
the rice diet
the eat all you liek diet
the don't eat at all diet".

Mocks his parents and makes them sound ridiculous using listing.

It's performance poetry look at the lack of punctuation in his poems too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)