• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

KORNELIA WOLOSZCZUK & CHRONIC WARD - skrzynecki (1 Viewer)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
Could anyone plz give a brief explanation of what changes there are in these poems? i'm okay for techniques.. just.. what changes are taking place...(???????)
thanks.

memoirs_of_fish

Um well i dunt think i'm of much help but in Kornelia i think whole message is that:

a) she is resistant to change, as "her feet make no imprint upon the ground" (something along those lines). so basically she won't change and adapt to the new country or the way her son is embracing a new culture.

b) that as she won't change she is isolated and alone as she is "confined to the centre of a wasteland". Also the other references to nature sorta emphasis how she isn't accepting and becoming part of the new culture.

c) her relationship with her son changes. this point i'm a little iffy about, but my teacher at school mentioned sumthing along those lines.

i'm only concentrating on the fact that she doesn't accept and change and as a result is alone and isolated.

i hope it helps in any remote and miniscule way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)