Kurt Maths Centre (1 Viewer)

jkdsghaweofhb

HSC
N/A
HI there,
Has anyone done the Y9-Y10 Kurt maths centre entrance exam? If so, could you tell me the difficulty, and what types of questions that they ask? I am currently in Y9 at a top 10 selective school. Thanks
Yours Sincerly,
Me

feiviclin

HSC
My sister did the test last week, she said it was basically all yr10 5.3 content.

feiviclin

HSC
Sorry, she can't remember all of them, but it did include graphing (parabolas, inequalities, hyperbolas, circles and exponential functions), bearings, linear relationships, circle geometry, indices (make sure you know stuff like the formula of difference of two squares) and logarithms. Also, the exam time was 60 minutes, for 15-ish questions.

Last edited:

jkdsghaweofhb

HSC
N/A
Sorry, she can't remember all of them, but it did include graphing (parabolas, inequalities, hyperbolas, circles and exponential functions), bearings, linear relationships, circle geometry, indices (make sure you know stuff like the formula of difference of two squares) and logarithms. Also, the exam time was 60 minutes, for 15-ish questions.
do u know what kind of polynomials stuff they asked?

jkdsghaweofhb

HSC
N/A
oh so just indices. is there any like factorisng polynomials, dividing using factor theorem etc in the test?

feiviclin

HSC
oh so just indices. is there any like factorisng polynomials, dividing using factor theorem etc in the test?
indices were not the only parts assessed, but the main parts were about indices and yes, you had to use factor theorems for most of the questions.
actually
i believe the questions were all about factorising and cancelling out terms that apply👍

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)