• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

L01B EAS (1 Viewer)

specificagent1

HSC
Original Poster:

For this category i don’t know if I’m eligible or not because i did come from a non english speaking country in year 8 but i attended an American-based education school there
you should contact UAC about this

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
L01B: ESL/started school in Australia in Years 7 to 10 (current Australian Year 12 applicants only).​

To be eligible, you need to satisfy all of the following:
  • You are a current Australian Year 12 applicant. ✅
  • You experience difficulty with the English language.❓
  • You came directly to Australia from a non-English speaking country. ✅
  • You began your education in an Australian school during Years 7 to 10. ✅
It doesn't seem like the school you attended in the country where you previously resided is important considering the eligibility criteria, but rather the fact that you came directly to Australia from a non-English speaking country (which you satisfy). What needs to be demonstrated, however, is that you are experiencing difficulty with the English language. This is where this might become problematic since there is a statement requirement regarding the country and the language in which you undertook your education before coming to Australia. A possible solution to this may be to list the native language of the country you came from as the language in which you undertook your education, instead of listing English, particularly since information about the school(s) you attended in the previous country is not required?

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)