• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

La Trobe (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
I think i have heard good things about La trobe in its research, so how come its UAI is always so low, i understand that UAI is all about supply and demand, but if it is so good wouldnt it have a higher UAI. Who is La Trobe uni named after cause i know of at least one famous La Trobe.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Why low UAIs? Cause of the location. Its no where near the main population of Sydney.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Cape said:
Why low UAIs? Cause of the location. Its no where near the main population of Sydney.
Yes, this is ttue its in Albury-Wodonga, but their are other country unis with higher UAI's such as CSU, UNE, etc

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
La Trobe Bundoora (the Melbourne campus) actually has quite high cutoffs. I think you will find that most of the research is conducted at Bundoora... there are also campuses in other parts of regional Victoria.

The Alb/Wod campus is pretty small... and CSU in Albury is a much bigger presence and offers more degrees. So you will find the UAIs are low at La Trobe Albury because if people want to stay in Albury they will usually pick CSU first, and then La Trobe second. It caters mostly for local students, and students from the surrounding regional areas.

Plus the campus isn't even in the "city" of Wodonga... its a bit out of the way... but Wodonga isn't that big so it's not too far. CSU Albury's main campus is right in the middle of town.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
BTW did you ppl know that there is a La Trobe campus in Sydney o_O

Its a "full fee paying" campus tho.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
theone123 said:
BTW did you ppl know that there is a La Trobe campus in Sydney o_O

Its a "full fee paying" campus tho.
No, i didnt know that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)