laptops with a mobile cpu (1 Viewer)

Which cpu do u reckon is better for a laptop?

• Mobile CPU

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Desktop CPU

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
I don't know where you go the link with tablet PCs with???

translation (minus typos)

i don't know where you got the link would tablet pcs
i never said all tablet pcs have centrinos

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Soliah
No Tablet PC's are labelled Centrino - to my knowledge.

The link is a quote from a post of yours, on the previous page.

no their not!!

there are heaps of P3 and crusoe tablet PCs

well... not heaps but they exist

Soliah

WTF are you going on about?

Read my post carefully. I said that there are no Tablet PC's which are labelled as Centrino's to my knowledge. This is a guess, based on the fact that Tablet PC's really have only taken off this year, and that the Centrino brand name given to the mobile wireless technologies developed by Intel, was announced at the beginning of this year.

Now, do you even know what a Centrino is?

Originally from http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20030108corp.htm
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 8, 2003 - Intel Corporation said today Intel Centrino mobile technology is the new brand name for its upcoming wireless mobile computing technology. The new brand signifies Intel's best technology for notebook computers, based on a new mobile processor microarchitecture and wireless capability as well as features designed to enable extended battery life, thinner and lighter form factors, and outstanding mobile performance.

Winston

HSC
WTF are you going on about?

Read my post carefully. I said that there are no Tablet PC's which are labelled as Centrino's to my knowledge. This is a guess, based on the fact that Tablet PC's really have only taken off this year, and that the Centrino brand name given to the mobile wireless technologies developed by Intel, was announced at the beginning of this year.

Now, do you even know what a Centrino is?

Calm down Soliah, i'm with you

@ jm1234567890

Centrino is a brand of Intel's new generation mobile processing technoligies

Do you actually know what a Tablet PC Does?, It's basically designed for Home use, or in the office, but providing it's situated in the vicinity of the same area. The tablet PC just draws a medium between your desktop PC, all it is, is you have a Touch screen that has capabilities to remote with your Desktop PC, it just makes work around the house easier rather than sitting on the desk and doing things, you can Send pictures or write an e-mail while watching television.

Soliah

Originally posted by Winston
Calm down Soliah, i'm with you
:p Did i sound pissed? I didn't think I did :(

Originally posted by Winston
Do you actually know what a Tablet PC Does?, It's basically designed for Home use, or in the office, but providing it's situated in the vicinity of the same area. The tablet PC just draws a medium between your desktop PC, all it is, is you have a Touch screen that has capabilities to remote with your Desktop PC, it just makes work around the house easier rather than sitting on the desk and doing things, you can Send pictures or write an e-mail while watching television.
Now this is where you are wrong. Yes, there are things available of what you said, but there are full Tablet PC's which are really just like laptops with the full functionality and freedom of a Tablet. They are pretty common in the States ATM, and i want one :(

e.g.
http://www.motioncomputing.com/products/tablet_pc.asp
http://www.motioncomputing.com/products/tablet_gallery.asp

And I guess I was wrong that there aren't any Tablet PC's with Centrino certification, as can be seen from the links I just posted.

Winston

HSC
:p Did i sound pissed? I didn't think I did :(

Now this is where you are wrong. Yes, there are things available of what you said, but there are full Tablet PC's which are really just like laptops with the full functionality and freedom of a Tablet. They are pretty common in the States ATM, and i want one :(

e.g.
http://www.motioncomputing.com/products/tablet_pc.asp
http://www.motioncomputing.com/products/tablet_gallery.asp

And I guess I was wrong that there aren't any Tablet PC's with Centrino certification, as can be seen from the links I just posted.
But Microsoft's main intention for a tablet PC's use was basically what i said, but i haven't been reading up lately on the news... i read this like ages ago, even before Win 2k3 was RTM, but yeah MS products are becoming less appealing to me especially Longhorn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)