last assessment + hasc exam help..... (1 Viewer)

merna7

HSC
hey guys, i just wanted to ask how much difference can the last assessment/tests and hsc exams make on you're ATAR??
i didnt do quiet well during the year :vcross: and i wanted to know if i do REALLY well in my last assessments and hsc exams will get me to an ATAR of atleast 55???

opinions please, well appreciated!!!!!!

nifkeh

HSC
hey. it really depends on the weighting of the trials upon your school mark. You need to find this out to know how much can be changed into your favour. For me, Maths ext 1 is 40%, other subs are 35%, english 2 unit is 25%

my school is different to yours so you need to find this out

for hsc - yes you can do well in these to get a 55 atar at least. but when you mean 'really' well, how well do you mean? If you've been getting idk like 50% for your previous assessments on average, maybe if you wanted to get a 65-70 in your final school report, you might need a 80 in trials for example, if your trials are weighted 50%. but this really depends on the weighting of your trials. If it's only like 35% like for me, you might need to get 80-90s to offset your marks you want to improve to just get a 60-65.

your hsc exams are 50% of your final mark for the course. but that doesn't mean to slack off in trials, your trials are like mock exams for the hsc, so it's not like you are wasting your time by doing trials. treat your trials as a feedback on what to do better on in your hsc exam for your subs. good luck

Last edited:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
hey. it really depends on the weighting of the trials upon your school mark. You need to find this out to know how much can be changed into your favour. For me, Maths ext 1 is 40%, other subs are 35%, english 2 unit is 25%

my school is different to yours so you need to find this out

for hsc - yes you can do well in these to get a 55 atar at least. but when you mean 'really' well, how well do you mean? If you've been getting idk like 50% for your previous assessments on average, maybe if you wanted to get a 65-70 in your final school report, you might need a 80 in trials for example, if your trials are weighted 50%. but this really depends on the weighting of your trials. If it's only like 35% like for me, you might need to get 80-90s to offset your marks you want to improve to just get a 60-65.

your hsc exams are 50% of your final mark for the course. but that doesn't mean to slack off in trials, your trials are like mock exams for the hsc, so it's not like you are wasting your time by doing trials. treat your trials as a feedback on what to do better on in your hsc exam for your subs. good luck
she needs to look at her position in the cohort, and this is through the rank

the top 10 in a subject could be on 60's and clustered, just because the set assessments are difficult...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)