• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Last-minute breather (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hi all,

I know a few of you are flipping out at this point... a lot of what I'm going to say is covered (or should/will be) in my hurdle thread, but anyway:

The most important thing right now is not to limit yourself to "finishing or failing ee2". There is *always* more we can work on. Just do the best job you can. The earlier you start working on it, the better.

If your MW or RS is incomplete, don't slam yourself down now and tell yourself you failed. Fine, if you want to kick yourself for leaving it too late, then kick yourself, but don't you dare just give up now. You can still scrape in a few extra marks by doing as much of it as you can. And who knows? You might actually get it done!

In regards to people who are going "oh crap, I'm doing the same thing as you", stop right there. The aspects of self concept is possibly one of the most popular ee2 concepts in the state. That doesn't mean that each individual major work *will* be the same, or will be interpreted in the exact same way. Ten people can write a story about trees, and they'll all be different, you know? It doesn't matter how many times the idea has been done before (and nothing on this world is sacred anymore, it's ALL been done before), all that matters is that you give it your best, and give the major work and your past self the respect it deserves.

I cannot stress how important it is not to leave things to the last minute. It's putting way too much stress on yourself. And if you haven't started the RS yet, start now!! It'll be harder than you think it is!

Just do the best job you can. That's all you can do, and it's the best you can do. You have all worked so hard through this year!

*speaks on Justin's behalf* We are so very proud of you for getting here. We've watched you scramble for ideas, we've seen you procrastinate the night before your ee2 assessments...haha! You have come such a long way. :)

But there is still a little bit more to go. Just a little bit more!

Good luck, stay calm, and use the time between now and handing in the ee2 assessment to your best advantage.

Write on!

J

jhakka

Lynn's covered pretty much all I'd like to say, and if you want encouragement specifically from me, check out the announcement at the top of the forum.

I would like to add, however, that at this stage, especially if you haven't finished, stressing out will not help you. Keep cool, stay calm, and relax. You might be able to right a lot when you're stressed, but you won't be able to write anything good.

Good luck guys. You're almost there.

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
Thanks guys!! You've been absolutely top mods this year I feel, and often I find that while reading comments that you've done that there's been a spark of hope at the end of it all ... because you've been through it and all that. *sappy moment*

Anywho, yes, don't stress fellow ext 2-ers! This time in 24 hours it will all be over and you can finally sleep again.

xox

rachael230

yeah thanks so much for all the advice posts (especially for the RS- urgh)... i actually have time now ive finished and sent off my MW, so i can post instead of just reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)