last week(ish) cramming (1 Viewer)

spunky

heh ... so i haven't done any 4 unit all year, any advice (other than to cry) on the best way to cram before the exam? do some arnold & arnold chapters quickly? excel? ... ?

thx :)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
start crying :p

Try to get the basics, well, the easy questions are graphing, integration and probably complex, do that and you should at least get 3 questions out of 8 :)
Then next maybe polynomials and volumes.

spunky

yeah ... i've actually done a *bit* of graphing, integration and complex numbers ... time for volumes and polynomials i guess /sigh

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Predicting Dr Buchanan's reply: "Forget all questions that aren't Q8 and go and learn Riemann's Hypothesis..."

But anyway - you should look at binomials before 4U also, and some harder 3U stuff like probability...

Affinity

HSC
seriously, master 3U, read a 4U textbook, do no exercises...

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
haha im in the same boat
if the boat is still floating.....
think my one is just about to sink :(

im payin for it now.....no work at all and tryin to catch up!
i can't even do a 4u paper with answers!!!!!
it's sad really

spunky

lol dood ... same here :)

16% in 4 unit trial /flex (whole year did shocking tho, my final mark was 32/50 ... yes .. /50 wtf?)

i got addicted to a mmorpg starting in year 11 .... 1856 hours on one character alone :p

and whoever gave me the advice ... learn 3 unit inside out then read through 4 unit ... that sounds really good ... hugglez

somehow i have to try and get a UAI of 82-ish, doing:

advanced english
business studies
math ext 1
math ext 2
physics
religion 1

wish meh luck :D

Affinity

HSC
master means.. master.. like 90+

new concepts in 4U( compared to 3U):

oblique asymtopes for graph sketching

Complex numbers hmm.. should be the easy
check the HSC hints

conics might take you a while, quite some things to memorize there such as the coordinates of the focii, the 2 directrices, the equation relating a,b and e(eccentricity) etc.

polynomials... not too much here,
basic things are covered in examples in arnold

volumes, you should do a few .. coz you should be able to pick these marks, the 2 basic methods are shells and slices

integration, basically the same as 3 U, you need to learn the symmetry formulae, integration by parts and reccurence formulae. EDIT and partial fractions.

mechanics hmm.... circular motion and banked tracks are the new things, should not be too hard, maybe have a go at the questions.

harder 3U hmm doubt if you will get up to here, my teacher said it's practice and practice for this section

Last edited:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
also the 1st 3 sections of the HSC have remained practically the same for ages, ie. Q1 - integration: 1st normal, then sub, there'll be a by parts and a partial fraction, Q2- comlpex numbers, simple 1s like find 1/z or iz and there'll be a locus q as well as de moivres, Q3 is curves sketching and simple probability or induction...so make sure u get all those and work from there

<METALHEAD>

I'm stuffed as well... And even now i'm still procrastinating... Dammit! So im just learning as much maths as i can and hoping that my other exams arent too hard. I'm even doing the same subjects, if you swap business for software which i'm told is actually one of the hardest tests. Hmm.... Yep, guess its payback time for me. I got something around 20% in my trial, which was an improvement over one of my other assessment marks of 9%. Oh well. Such is life.

spunky

rofflez andrew ... this is john ... gg, didn't you recognise my subject list? we still have thursday - sunday after 2nd english exam :D

turtle_2468

HSC
maths is a doing subject, unless you have a week left... then it's more like "do one or two exercises per concept and try to get yourself to understand the concept"
or did I misread affinity? :p

<METALHEAD>

I thought it might've been u... Wasnt certain. Figured you'd know it was me if it was. Im fucked, absolutely no hope. How bout u?

Affinity

HSC
Originally posted by turtle_2468
maths is a doing subject, unless you have a week left... then it's more like "do one or two exercises per concept and try to get yourself to understand the concept"
or did I misread affinity? :p
we have about a week. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)