• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Late Round Mysteries (1 Viewer)

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
im looking at the newspapers of the people that got a late round offer, some of the people got offered a place into courses which dont even publish the cut off, for example a person got offered into B Business at UTS, but the late round cut off wasnt even shown it just had a * as if it didnt give out any offers.
wierd dont you think?
i also came across a person who got into this Business course at UWS, and also there was no cut off for that course for the late round.

Totally wierd !!!!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i found it weird that there were late round offers made in vet science with a lower UAI, when i would have thought it would be higher since i know hundreds of transfer applicants missed out. ??? whats going on???

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Students who are transferring or applying for a course with qualifications other than a Yr 12 academic record are ranked independently of Yr 12 applicants.

They have different (unpublished) cut-offs.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
it might of had * because all the places were full, but then there were late dropouts?

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Mambomeg
i found it weird that there were late round offers made in vet science with a lower UAI, when i would have thought it would be higher since i know hundreds of transfer applicants missed out. ??? whats going on???
i know it's weird!

I know a person in each situation

one got 98.65 and missed out by 0.05 to start with, which pissed them off because it went up heaps.

but then they got a late round offer

the other got 97 and some insane average in advanced science and got cut. It's shit because he'd make the best vet ever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)