• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Late round offers? (1 Viewer)

dgh1

HSC
Hi all,

I'm a Queensland student who is applying for entry to the University of Sydney this year (2009). I submitted my application after the cut off date (12 December) so I won't be considered in the Main Round.

My options were as follows:

1. Bachelor of Commerce (94.30)
2. Bachelor of Economics (91.30)
3. Bachelor of Arts (83.00)

My entrance rank in Queensland was an OP 3, which I believe is equivalent to a UAI of 96.00. Putting aside the fact that most offers are put out during the Main Round, how likely am I to get an offer in the Late Round? (4th February). I'm not entirely sure how the NSW works, but I've been reading up a bit on this forum and it seems a lot more logical than QLD's.

I'm hoping that my 96.00 will ensure I get accepted into at least one of my preferences. My intent was to study Law in Queensland (for which the highest entry in the state is 96.00), but obviously this isn't possible straight away at USyd so I'll have to go via the transfer route. The only thing is, the offers come out here in QLD on the 15th and I only have a week to accept or deny it (which is why I want to know the likelihood of me getting offered a place at USyd).

dgh1

HSC
I just have a question.

Since I applied late, my first option (Commerce) is out of reach as the UAI increases to 97.8. Will my second option automatically be taken into consideration or only in the final rounds? So if I don't meet the Cut Off, will option 1 be excluded and Option 2 be offered?

I think they do the offers different in QLD - i.e. they only look at your first option in the main round and resort to the subsequent ones in other rounds. I might have it wrong but that's my impression of it.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
dgh1 said:
I just have a question.

Since I applied late, my first option (Commerce) is out of reach as the UAI increases to 97.8. Will my second option automatically be taken into consideration or only in the final rounds? So if I don't meet the Cut Off, will option 1 be excluded and Option 2 be offered?

I think they do the offers different in QLD - i.e. they only look at your first option in the main round and resort to the subsequent ones in other rounds. I might have it wrong but that's my impression of it.
answer: yes

basically what they do is starting witht the people who got a UAI of 100, they go down their list and give them into the course highest on their list - if that course 1st on their list has been filled, they go to 2nd preference and see if that is filled, etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)