• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Later rounds help (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Ok so im asking this on behalf of a friend:

He got an offer to his first preference but is thinking that he might want to change it for later rounds to do Arts @ UNSW which still has vacancies. His UAI is in the 81's and the main round cut off was 78.00 and he was wondering if he changes UNSW Arts to first preference does he lose his main round offer if he doesnt get a later round offer?

Thanks for anyone that can help

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i think if you change your preferences it means you get the new first preference considered ahead of the original. but i think if you dont get the first and there are no vacancies in the secnd it can ruin your chances of getting either. im not completely sure though

persephone

HSC
i just saw the cutoffs for uts arts in comm for social inquiry and writing and contemp cultures i put them lower in my preference because i thought i wouldn't get into them. do you think there is still vaccancies? and when do the late round offers come out?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
He's better off transferring then taking the risk imo.

nicksta_40

HSC
if we dont accept offer (which was 2nd preference), is there a chance that they'll offer me my 1st preference in a later round? but if they dont, i miss out on uni all together?

klh

HSC
guys, just accept your offers for now, why miss out on uni? If you do get an offer in later rounds, you can still accept the recent and cancel the main round one.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
It was my understanding that:

Your friend could accept the offer he got in the main round, change prefs for late/final round and consequently get a new offer. He would then back out of the initial acceptance and accept the new offer. I think its in the UAC guide....

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Ok, for anyone else in my friends situation, i contacted UAC and this is basically what they said:

They advise you to accept your main round offer and then go back and delete it out of your preferences and rearrange your preferences in order that you want them considered for the later rounds. Then if you are offered a later round you can accept it and back out of your main round offer. If not offered for the later round you still have the main round offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)