Latest issue of Rolling Stone (1 Viewer)

Ellie-Bee

HSC
mark latham is on the front cover and there is a big story on the labor party inside. i was really shocked and horrified becuase here is my fav mag talking bout politicians and such things.i thought it was about music - not the govt. him and peter garrett 'rockin the vote'. not happy. :rolleyes:

HSC
well it was a pretty shit magazine to begin with
they probably thought they'd pick up some sales with the psudo lefties who like to think they're all political

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
well it was a pretty shit magazine to begin with
they probably thought they'd pick up some sales with the psudo lefties who like to think they're all political
I'll just point out, that the people at Rolling Stone receive many many letters about all sorts of things, especially in regards to politics and stuff, and people voicing their opinions or asking stuff. When they get enough letters which amounts to something, they write about it. While a lot has to do with what will make sales (it'd be crazy not to), they also put in stuff they believe in, or stuff they feel they should tell.
I've worked at Rolling Stone before, and apart from the deputy editor...they're not all outspoken about politics and such. Even he, I wouldn't expect him to be all voicing about his and such...but I'll also point out with the stuff with Garrett, Rolling Stone have been following his career for years, and when Midnight Oil split the deputy editor was interviewed on it, asking his opinion, what he thought would happen to the rest of the band (which he got into some strife for...), and what would happen with Garrett. So it's only a natural progression to follow him into his political career.
And Rolling Stone has always in some way supported politics and such, it's not always specifically just about the music.
I remember many an article on other religious or political leaders in the world, and no one complained about that despite it has nothing to do with music. They've done it before, just perhaps you didn't notice, but only have now seeing as these ones are involved in Australian politics.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
mcdickpants you are my new favorite forum member :D:D <3<3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)