Law Books (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
LOL I should get him a carbolic smoke ball product but there is no time,
If i got hima gavel he'd leacture me abt how I watch to much law and order and how aus judges dont have them

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
hahaha... get him a gavel!
I got my SDD teacher a gavel, primarily because he used to loudly whack objects like pieces of wood or metal on the walls and doorframes to get the class' attention. Specially custom made by an old man who lives near me =/

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
melsc said:
My legal studies class want tp get our legal teacher a funny law book, any suggestions?
Sackville and Neave, Property Law: Cases and Materials by Edgeworth, Rossiter and Stone.

Land Law by Peter Butt.

Hell has Harbour views and Ambulance chaser. Both by Richard Beasley.

Funny law books.

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
erawamai said:
Sackville and Neave, Property Law: Cases and Materials by Edgeworth, Rossiter and Stone.

Land Law by Peter Butt.

Hell has Habour views and Ambulance chaser. Both by Richard Beasley.

Funny law books.
I knew there was one with Ambulance chaser in the title :rolleyes:

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
Try and track down Sir Grarfield Barwick's autobiography, A Radical Tory. Much fun, many laughs. He's soooo arrogant that it's endearing in a wierd sort of way. He recalls, with characteristic self-satisfaction, how he managed to have the new High Court building built without wheel-chair access, thereby forcing the geriatric McTiernan J to retire. Shocking. But beguiling. :)

What about a copy of one of the Rumpole books by Mortimer? :) Always good for a laugh. Especially the older ones which are so shockingly sexist.

Or what about a copy of one of Callinan J's racy romance novels? A little spice from the bench never goes astray ... :)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
ManlyChief said:
Or what about a copy of one of Callinan J's racy romance novels? A little spice from the bench never goes astray ... :)
'he thrust his noble rod into her warm gratitude'

etc etc

I still think Butt Land law would be a good gift.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
what are you talking about.

There is nothing sexual about 'he thrust his noble rod into her warm gratitude'

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
erawamai said:
what are you talking about.

There is nothing sexual about 'he thrust his noble rod into her warm gratitude'
Hey thanks man, keep us updated hey? I value your insightful commentary and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Jonathan A said:
Sounds like a good teacher...
I find it ironic that you have a conservative bent but your sig mentions you were a model UN delegate.

---------

"If society tolerant and rational, it does not need a Bill of Rights. If it is not, no Bill of Rights will preserve it."

I always had trouble with Justice Gibbs reasoning. Replace 'bill of rights' with 'criminal law' and you will get what I mean.

He also seems to suggest that no law would ever be successful in changing community behaviour if it is not tolerent and rational. Society isn't tolerant and rational. Thats why we have laws and rules.

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I found a great one, it was a book of the funniest cases and laws, I wanted to keep it LOL

One of my friends picks up the "law handbook" thinking it was a funny book... :rolleyes: me and my other legal obsessed friend couldn't stop laughing, then again...my teacher probably would have liked that too

Last edited:

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
What's the title/author of the book of funniest laws and cases? It sounds interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)