• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

law/business and commerce UWS (1 Viewer)

creepypasta

HSC
Hey guys, how is employment in this field?

Im questioning whether i should go into adv medical science, engineering or law/business

just want to know what has the best employment opportunities and pay etc

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
you can google the pay

you can get employment with any degree (yes; probably arts as well despite how much I knock it back)

chose engineering

square out

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
You should think in a more specific direction towards your desired career path, those are 4 different degrees with all different paths (though of course some cross paths).

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Hey guys, how is employment in this field?

Im questioning whether i should go into adv medical science, engineering or law/business

just want to know what has the best employment opportunities and pay etc
Terrible. Do some research, honestly there are plenty of recent threads about law prospects popping up so use that as a starting point.

enoilgam

HSC
Terrible. Do some research, honestly there are plenty of recent threads about law prospects popping up so use that as a starting point.
The funny thing is, I consulted with a top-tier firm on their clerkship program and we had hundreds of applications. But when we were looking for an associate level corporate lawyer, we struggled to get applicants. We pretty much had to use LinkedIn to head hunt.

I think a major issue with the labour market at the moment is the lack of opportunities for graduates. There is still a steady demand for degree qualified professionals, but businesses just aren't interested in investing in graduates any more.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Op, you need to differentiate between earning potential or likely income and over what period. There's a lot more to it than just asking which pays the best because some fields pay amazingly well even at graduate level but the quantity of roles available may make things that much more competitive (in other words lots of candidates, not many jobs).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)