Law Facultly lunch (1 Viewer)

1 more

fructis
HSC
I vaguely remember getting some info on this for the 28th of February , is anyone going and what time is it happening?

1 more

fructis
HSC
Originally posted by Soul
I'm going and its at 2:30 (As said by asq - but dont know where)

apparently mailed to us - i have not received it
Im pretty sure it was mentioned in the "congratulations for being accepted into UNSW law" letter.

kini mini

HSC
Yeah, the welcome & then lunch is at Mathews B, 2.30pm Friday :). Are we all going?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by 1 more

I'm there. :)

(provided i can find a parking space that is!)
Parking space...plenty of room in the back streets around Kingsford IMO, if you don't mind a short walk :).

1 more

fructis
HSC
OOOOH thanks Kini Mini! :D Im very unfamiliar with the area, even worse at reverse parking, and i'm never one of those people who obsess over finding the closest possible parking space to the place that theyre going- so a peaceful, vacant and secret street is right up my alley. ;)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I have an 'introductory lecture' in the morning first. Apparently to keep all the transfer students from feeling lost in the second-year subjects. :rolleyes: But it should be interesting, at least. And fun. :D

They gave us a few cases to read.. the first related to cannabalism. Rather amusing. :p

2.30pm eh? *idly wonders who the bright lad was that scheduled the science and law faculty welcomes at the same time*

I guess I know which I'll be going to. :uhhuh:

And I bugged my tour guide about the camp today! Apparently they won't just have beer, 'cause they managed to get Kahlua to sponsor them (YAY). Can't wait! Even if it's only 5 mins from my house. :p

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by 1 more
OOOOH thanks Kini Mini! :D Im very unfamiliar with the area, even worse at reverse parking, and i'm never one of those people who obsess over finding the closest possible parking space to the place that theyre going- so a peaceful, vacant and secret street is right up my alley. ;)
Actually I was going to say there are quite a few reverse slots around the Kingsford shops, which I know very well having lived around here for so long and checked out all the good restaurants :D. There's a good bit of street parking though.

Laz: 2.30pm eh? *idly wonders who the bright lad was that scheduled the science and law faculty welcomes at the same time*

I guess I know which I'll be going to.

Hey Laz, you can go to the general sci welcome from 12.30-2 with the buffet lunch and dean's talk then skip your program thing and join us at 2.30 :D. After the dodgy commerce lunch I'd play it safe :D.

And I bugged my tour guide about the camp today! Apparently they won't just have beer, 'cause they managed to get Kahlua to sponsor them (YAY). Can't wait! Even if it's only 5 mins from my house
Excellent, I hate beer :gridnod:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I don't know that I would have called it a 'lunch', as such, but it was fun, nonetheless. :)

It seems that there are surprisingly few students doing the computer science/law combo (i.e. mine) - after being completely swamped by the commerce/law guys (mein gott there are so many of them!) I met two others... Vanessa and James, and neither of them had found anyone else doing comp sci/law either. Mildly frustrating... but I'm sure I'll live. Met a few dozen of the commerce people... one arts, one biotech, one science... there were probably others too.

I can't really remember most of what happened, due to an extreme lack of sleep last night and the night before that, which meant I've been running on empty all day. And I'd stayed at a friend's house to avoid losing even more sleep, foolishly forgetting a fresh change of clothes, so I was stuck with what I'd worn to the dance party (urgh).

I think at one stage I glimpsed Asquithian and Soul off to one side. At the time I was looking for someone else, and when I meandered back to see if it was indeed them they'd disappeared. As a sidenote I loved the view from that height... was great.

It seems I'm rambling now... oh god I need sleep. :)

One final note... apparently there are only 130 places available for the law camp, and there are obviously far more students than places. Get in early. :uhhuh:

1 more

fructis
HSC
hmmm definitely not a lunch, so youll all have to pardon the inaccuracy of the threads title.

I agree with the distribution of degrees, heaps of comm/law grammar boys. Actually, the 3 people who I spoke to the most were international studies/law, im sure *thats* not very representative of the law population.

Yes I liked that place where the lunch was held, very law-drinks-ish.

Are you guys on your own, or did you come with accompanying school friends or something?

Lots of mature age students, the first person I spoke to was 26.

oooh that would be dreadful to miss out on a place at camp!

Get some sleep boys.

kini mini

HSC
As Laz and 1 more said, it wasn't much of a lunch :D. it was better than the commerce "lunch" though.

I only stayed for about half an hour, met some sci and comm people :).

I wonder how many people didn't turn up? I know for sure that a lot of the Grammar guys didn't :p. Didn't see anyone from here, but I'm sure I will on camp.

I think I'm going to have to watch Zoolander as well, I have a copy lying around somewhere...any tips? :p

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I certainly had no high-school friends there, although I'd met a few of them elsewhere. Yeh, there certainly seems to be an abundance of Grammar boys at UNSW. :p

I haven't seen Zoolander either... will see if I can rent the DVD over the weekend. I have to say, the idea of a 'Zoolander' party isn't immediately appealing. :D then again, I shouldn't speak too soon. They obviously chose it for a reason.

Did anyone else notice that there was only one person with blonde hair? And at most one or two others with light brown... I thought that was amusing.

They told us in our introductory tute thing that most tutorials will be all about exercising our brains. If the one today is anything to judge by, they will be lots of fun. :D

Oh.. apparently we'll have approx. 35 pages of reading to do per law subject per week. For me, that's 140 pages p/wk. Scary. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)