• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

law honors (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/law/faculty/ug.html

i just discovered that:

Honours
It is possible for students to gain an award with Honours in the Law degrees or the Law component of combined or double degrees.

The Bachelor of Laws degree is awarded with Honours, and does not require an additional Honours year.

:rolleyes:

To this end, the 76040 Research Thesis, which is a necessary requirement, must be undertaken as an optional subject of 6 credit points within the degree. This subject forms part of the credit points required for degree completion: 192 for the full-time or part-time degree, 144 for combined degrees. The optional subject 76040 Research Thesis has requirements that students must comply with in addition to the Honours Regulations. Full details are available in the online subject description

so a five year law course with honors, YEAH! :rolleyes: :) :cool:

1000words

HSC
That's right, an award of Honours is based on marks (regardless of how well you do on the Honours thesis) throughout your entire degree. I think this is the case with most 4-year degrees (4 years if you do it as a single degree), perhaps except for Engineering?

This is distinct to an extra 'Honours' year where your honours mark (First Class, Second Class etc) is based on how well you go in the Honours year. I think this is the case with most 3-year degrees (3 years if you do it as a single degree)

For example:

Mr Eazy
Bachelor of Laws (with Honours)
Honours Degree of Bachelor of Commerce

They still look like LLB (Hons)/BComm (Hons) but all graduates and employers know the difference.

I hope that helps!

Regards,
David

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)