Law under E&B? (1 Viewer)

amazerxl

HSC
there's a rumour that law will be under economic and business soon? anyone else heard that?
sounds like university really wants to get a lot of money, or maybe lose it given that this two are probably the most profitable faculties for uni.

Black Faery

HSC
N/A
What are you trying to imply? That the faculty of law will become part of the economics and business faculty, or that you will be able to major in law through economics and business faculty degrees?

The fact that you suggested it would lead to more money for the faculty suggests that you intended the latter interpretation. I fail to see how it could lead to more money, as you would still need a law degree to become a lawyer (in order to fulfil the study prereqs for the bar etc).

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I think "there's a rumour that..." is a bit of a vague way to start the topic. You should include a link to a news article or be a bit more specific about the source. You can do a major in E and B called "commercial law" though. I don't know how useful it is but certainly you wouldn't be able to practice as a lawyer as Black Faery mentioned.

shsshs

HSC
yeah at least cite your source

cmon hasnt the sydney law review writing guide taught u anything

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I recall hearing this, except I don't think it was about USYD, but some other NSW uni (possibly UWS?).

amazerxl

HSC
didn't mean to be vague. they are considering having law and e&b either a combined faculty, or law under e&b. the idea is to increase efficiency, have more common classes, and that way get more money for various subjects.

and i heard it from a friend who is close to a suls exec person(not sure who).

i know this may be really vague and may not lead anywhere given that no one's heard anything, i was just wondering if anyone has.

Rorix

HSC
id be suprised

although the faculty (of law) has been trying to boost its commercial law subjects for quite a while now...I could conceivably see the law faculty outsourcing its commercial law subjects to the econ/biz faculty, especially with the law building on campus

that said, I do wonder if the average econ/biz commercial law major has the same legal skills as a law student...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)