Law@ Uws (1 Viewer)

hey if my UAI is 89.05 and law at UWS takes 90.
do i have a chance in making it in, and if so which campus of UWS should i go 2
(either campeltown or parra, the others are too far from where i live)

thanks

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Depends on the demand of the course. What are you thinking about combining law with? If you don't get law, you can go into the other course and transfer internally into the course.

As for the campuses, choose the one that you want to go to. Doesn't make much of a difference, although, I know with social science / law if your doing criminology (ask melsc about this :p) you also have to go to bankstown - it just depends on what subjects you are doing.

Demandred

HSC
I don't think law @ UWS would be allowed to go under 90, however, saying that, UWS is quite lenient towards students within their area, phone them up and beg.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Cape said:
Depends on the demand of the course. What are you thinking about combining law with? If you don't get law, you can go into the other course and transfer internally into the course.

As for the campuses, choose the one that you want to go to. Doesn't make much of a difference, although, I know with social science / law if your doing criminology (ask melsc about this :p) you also have to go to bankstown - it just depends on what subjects you are doing.
Ok, I was like you before I got my UAI and right through year 12, I really wanted to do law and was scared I wouldn't get 90, so I looked for as many pathways as possible. They aren't as much help to me now but I'll pass them on to you :)

First thing I suggest you do is make sure UWS is your first preference, they will most likely take you if they have vacancies if you have them first.

Second thing, add Campbelltown to you preferences, last year they had vancacies, so you could get an offer in a later round if you are lucky.

Make sure you have the degree you wish to combine with as a fall back preference because of the guaranteed course transfer scheme. For example I want to do Social Science/ Law, so I put B Social Science which had a cutoff of 65 as my last preference so that if I missed out on law I could at least get into this course. Then You study it for 6 months and if you maintain an above credit average then you can transfer into law regardless of ur UAI. You can also take intro to law while doing the B social science and catch up so you will graduate at the same time as ppl who go in straight away.

Go to D-Day 3rd Jan and discuss your options with the people there, talk to anyone and everyone you can and let them know how much you want it!

Good Luck and I really hope this helps and I hope you get in :) Any other questions let me know :cool:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
misscow said:
hey if my UAI is 89.05 and law at UWS takes 90.
do i have a chance in making it in, and if so which campus of UWS should i go 2
(either campeltown or parra, the others are too far from where i live)

thanks
If you don't make uws law you should consider UNE law.

http://www.une.edu.au/law/

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
^ :uhhuh: only its pretty far Armidale, you'd have to live there...the upside is (if I remember correctly) the cutoff is 83 and they have a principals recommendation scheme

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)