le Tour de France (2 Viewers)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I can't beleive there's no thread for TDF. It's an awesome spectacle and its mad cos it comes around every winter school holidays. Gives you something to do at 12:30 on a Tuesday. It's not that borg once you start watching it, and especially during the mountain stages. Oh well, I just hope some of you guys watch it, adn dont leave me feeling like a nigel (although the crickets on tonight so I won't bother)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i loooove Le Tour!!! wooo
Lance is the best. i've watched it ever since i was really little (my dad's a cyclist) i remember watching those mountain stages - they were great. i also remember the likes of marco pantani etc. and lance when he's in trouble just zooms past people - its great. love it. hate robbie mcewan though. he's a jerk

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Cool, people like it. I only started watching it last year.

RiCe_GrOwEr said:
Is McEwen gonna win the green jersey?

Lance is sitting pretty for TDF number 6 I think.
As for McEwen, he probably wont catch up to win the green.
Lance is actually shaping up for number 7 I think.

melimoo said:
(my dad's a cyclist)
Did he go professional, cos thats pretty awesome. McEwen is a bit of an egotistical dickhead.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i;ve been watching every night
lance has a 1 minute lead overall, (and he is going for his 7th straight ) he says he'll retire after the last day of the tour no matter wat.
mcewen got relegated to last the other day after using his head to push aussie rival stewie ogrady out of the way in the final sprint, he's one the last 2 psrints though so is coming back (he won the green jersey the last 2 years)

for any of u interested in this race and want to know a whole lot more about it, read lance armstrongs autobiography "it's not about the bike" it gives the TDF a hell of alot more meaning

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Armstrongs a legend, and no one will beat his 7 times in a row for a long while.
But McEwens racing back up the points for the green, but doesn't look like he'll catch Boonen.

Must be frickin tiring eh? (haha, get the pun, tiring, tyres ????) [<<<lame]

Hey, Melimoo, if I could ride a goddamn bike at 50 I'd be proud. Must be a fit guy, good on him.

HSC
I love the mountain stages, last night stage was pretty exciting. The mountains seperates the boys from the men - and always throws in some really surprising results.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Last nights stage was pretty awesome (must admit I watched jackall of it, cricket and f1 take priority), but Rasmussen killed the chase pack by like 4 minutes, and the peloton by 8 mintues. Jens Voight Yellow Jersey, Lance is 2'18" behind. Interesting :D

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
its fine though
going through the alps rasmussen will get drilled by lance
lance will have the yellow back within 3 days

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
yeah, i've read 'it's not about the bike' t'was pretty good
i have no doubt that lance will win this yr again. he doesn't have the yellow all the time nor does he plan to. towards the end though, he'll have it. he just powers up the mountains, shoots past the others...oooh its so exciting. i remember that time he went through the fields to avoid a crash. that was great. those crashes in the middle of the peloton really freak me out

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
The sad fact in terms of a contest is that Lance isn't even trying yet. He may as well have pushed his bike up those hill climbs, he still would have done it. I'm glad rasmussen won, because wouldn't you be pissed to work your guts out for 150 kms and then get run down by a pack of hoons cruisin down the hill.
Vinikurov's gonna be a good rider in years to come.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I always fear for the rider when he's riding by himslef with the crowd making the pasage through as thin as the bke itself. There should be some barriers. How about the guys which run after the bike to get on camera? Hilarious people :D

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
these been many isntances before

the leader once got punched in the stomach by a french protestor and had to pull out of the race

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
remember that time where that guy got practically run over because he wanted to get a picture and he was standing right in front of the leader and didn't move. that was freaky.
i'm happy for rasmussen. he totally deserved that win

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Doesnt the rest day fuck you up the arse? I mean riding for like 2 weeks staright, then you get this rest day, and all your muscles stiffen up, and you feel like shit. I suppose becuase they're pros they won't feel anything, but I reckon its stupid having a rest day (maybe 3-4 days would be good). anyway, back to the cycling tonight - which will be good to watch because the cricket looks like an early finish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)