Learning other content before trials (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

HSC
Our school does trials very early next term so for Chemistry and Economics (and maths a little bit but this isn't a problem bc of tutoring) we won't have finished the whole syllabus. But I don't like the idea of learning content in class after trials so is it better that this termI should finish the whole chem and eco syllabus? Understanding content or resources won't be an issue. I should be able to finish them both pretty quickly but I just need to know if its worth it instead of just revising for what is in trials.

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
we won't have finished the whole syllabus.
yeah we're in the exact sm boat,, i got told by others to wait it out rather than trying to condense the whole syllabus in whatever time i have before trials, ig its up to you if ur rlly willing to put urself through that. personally i wouldn't, there r enough things to worry abt for the trial

synthesisFR

HSC
yeah we're in the exact sm boat,, i got told by others to wait it out rather than trying to condense the whole syllabus in whatever time i have before trials, ig its up to you if ur rlly willing to put urself through that. personally i wouldn't, there r enough things to worry abt for the trial
learning that after trials just feels so stupid tho like wouldn't u just wanna have 11 weeks of revision and past papers or smth after trials

carrotsss

HSC
Something to consider is that when ur studying for trials and doing past trial papers from other schools, you’ll often run into those later topics so you might end up sorta picking up those topics anyway unless you just skip all of them

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
learning that after trials just feels so stupid tho like wouldn't u just wanna have 11 weeks of revision and past papers or smth after trials
i mean u do u, if u think u can juggle learning new content (+ learning how to apply it) whilst also revising for every subject ahead of trials, sounds like uve made ur mind up

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Our school does trials very early next term so for Chemistry and Economics (and maths a little bit but this isn't a problem bc of tutoring) we won't have finished the whole syllabus. But I don't like the idea of learning content in class after trials so is it better that this termI should finish the whole chem and eco syllabus? Understanding content or resources won't be an issue. I should be able to finish them both pretty quickly but I just need to know if its worth it instead of just revising for what is in trials.
that's the same for me for some of my subjects. for modern history, we're only doing i think the first dot-point for the change in the modern world topic before trials and hence that's going to be tested, and similar for bio because i believe we won't have finished module 6 by then (my school did 5, 7, 8), and i believe we'll be doing module 6 for the remainder of term 3.

it honestly depends on what you think is best for you. i'm not entirely sure on whether my school finishes the chem syllabus before trials and whether module 8 is going to be tested (because parts of module 8 is interspersed in the program and 'matched' with an appropriate module), but i've decided to learn ahead with module 8 while revising module 7 (and 5+6) at the same time, because even if it won't be tested in trials i too want to spend the rest of my time learning module 8 after the literal trials. for modern history i'm almost finished with studying the cold war topic on my own, so i'm planning to do the change in the modern world topic right after, but also studying for the modern trials by revising older topics. personally i think you should seeing as you could finish them both pretty quickly as you said, just depends on if you're efficient with managing that and the current content at the same time

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
wait but it makes no sense to do mod 6 last...
oh yeah lol, we did mod 5 in term 4 then we did mod 7 last term. i think it's cos the teachers wanted us to be able to do the mod 7 depth study unsw trip 💀

i was a little annoyed, cos i already made mod 6 notes 💀

synthesisFR

HSC
also i forgot englihs was a thing i need to start revising moda,c and comon mod bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate studyig this i can't be bothered with mod c

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
also i forgot englihs was a thing i need to start revising moda,c and comon mod bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate studyig this i can't be bothered with mod c
i had to reread merchant of venice again because i just forgor everything that happened

that's how irrelevant common module is to me

synthesisFR

HSC
For me tempest hagseed is pure trash story is trash themes are trash and some are kinda basic and esp the book isnt even good but english teachers justify it by saying POSTMODErNSim OMG OMG

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
For me tempest hagseed is pure trash story is trash themes are trash and some are kinda basic and esp the book isnt even good but english teachers justify it by saying POSTMODErNSim OMG OMG
i don't do tempest hagseed but i heard there's a scene in hagseed where there's a rap battle and it's just cringe 💀

and postmodernism is my go-to at this point, i think i just namedropped postmodernism everywhere in my last mod a essay

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Most-All schools didn’t finish all content for the subject before trials, except for maybe ext 2 mathematics and Eng ad. I would say just focus on what you’ve got for trials as that’s most important right now.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
lil bro just wing the exam and drop a easy mid 90 🤫 no effort no practice just rock up thats the true red pill for 99+ ATAR

synthesisFR

HSC
okay i have decided to finish the whole syllabus anyways just to torture myself and reach ultra instinct so next term i can just ignore my teachers using noise cancelling and do past papers in class

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
lil bro just wing the exam and drop a easy mid 90 🤫 no effort no practice just rock up thats the true red pill for 99+ ATAR
Worked for me

okay i have decided to finish the whole syllabus anyways just to torture myself and reach ultra instinct so next term i can just ignore my teachers using noise cancelling and do past papers in class
good plan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)