Lecture recordings? (1 Viewer)

Wet_Lettuce

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

Just enrolled at UTS for a Bachelor of Medical Science for next year and I'm just wondering if UTS record their lectures at all (video recording)?
I'm doing:
Chemistry 1
statistical design and analysis
Principles of scientific practice (No lectures)
Cell biology and genetics

Thanks heaps.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

Just enrolled at UTS for a Bachelor of Medical Science for next year and I'm just wondering if UTS record their lectures at all (video recording)?
I'm doing:
Chemistry 1
statistical design and analysis
Principles of scientific practice (No lectures)
Cell biology and genetics

Thanks heaps.
Uni do tend to record most of their courses. I don't think I've ever heard of a course that wasn't recorded. I suggest you ask in the UTS disc group or something on facebook if it exists.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
For engineering at least, most of the lectures at UTS weren't recorded. For business, a few were. Only a couple of lecture theatres were setup for recording.

There was rumours that the uni was scared that low lecture attendance rates might fall even further (no idea if this is true, but would be a valid concern), but I also think the university has a strategy for moving away from old school lectures where some dude stands at the front and talks for a couple of hours into more flipped/blended learning and collaborative classes. See https://www.uts.edu.au/research-and...ng/learningfutures/case-studies-and-resources

As an example of that, one of the largest lecture theatres at UTS got pulled down to make room for research facilities, and its official replacement was Building 2 which as far as i'm aware doesn't really have conventional lecture theatres (see https://www.uts.edu.au/about/about-our-campus/news/building-2-reimagined-education-excellence). If that is the universities long term strategy, equipping rooms and introducing widespread lecture recording might either be a hard thing to get approved or just not high on the priority list.

Irrespective of that, it seems a bunch of student association candidates for next year had compulsory lecture recording as a priority. So there might be some change eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)