• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Lecture Rooms (1 Viewer)

Pharaohsam

HSC
Uni Grad
i was wondering if anyone goes to a university with a wireless access point in the lecture rooms, so you can access the online lecture notes online during the lecture on your laptop/pda..you cna chat to other people as well hehe...

does this exist...which unis???do you have to pay???

Tabris

HSC
Macquarie has them, they are called "ilectures"

whats happens is that, the lecturers get the entire lecture recorded and uploaded into online teaching centre., jsut login and click on the lecture and select the bandwith and thats it

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah we have ilectures.. which are usually up 5 mins after the end of the lecture....

i think uts has a kind of system your talking about mchectic. (can someone confirm/deny this?)

and chatting to others in the lecture? hahaha.. i don't think they'd have something like that... it would be a distraction!

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
ANU has them extensively throughout the campuses. So you can take your laptop and and dwnload the lecture notes without having to bother with printing them beforehand.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
UTS have wireless in Buildings 1 (the main levels), 2 (levels 4 and 5), 5 (library and the main parts) and 10 (levels 2-4). So any lecture rooms in those buildings and levels will have wireless in it. Unfortunately they don't have wireless in the larger lecture theatres in Buildings 4 and 6 yet, but I have surfed the net on my laptop in lectures in Buildings 2 and 5!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Did you NOT read what I said above? :p I said those lecture theatres in those buildings have wireless, otherwise no. So just like UNSW, some of them do.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Theres wireless at UOW. I don't use it though. If I was using my laptop in a lecture, it would be for playing games.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
theres wireless at csu wagga but the notes ar usually out the week before anyway and i usually dont bother to get up to go to lectures

S

Shuter

The wireless is pretty hard to pick up in some parts of building 2. In the lectures in big buildings like 4 with no wireless I usually just fire up ad-hoc networks and play some games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)