• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Left Writing To The Last Minute? (1 Viewer)

AM04

Hey i did my HSC last year and i just thought it is important to emphasise the fact that it is never to late. I started my Ext 2 short story the night before it was due...quite frankly i thought i was doomed, however i pressed on and finished it. Just before hand in time i was in an absolute mess crying and sniffleing(part from the stress of getting it in on time part due to sleep deprivation). As i went to open my summary (or whatever you call it..that thing that explains what the hell your story was on about) i discovered to my absolute horror that in my state of tired delusion i han't saved it! My heart sunk...the tears started again...five mintutes until it was due. I pressed on and started typing as fast as i could and could only produce a paragraph in time...all was lost. I then attempted to print out my short story, to my horror black lines were irregularly slapped through most of the pages!

One minute until hand in...

There was no time to reprint...my hour had come! I stacked all my papers messily together...including my measily, snivelling little paragraph of a summary and bolted to the hand in office...

....arriving in office with my arms flailing and my face covered in mucous and tears i thrust the unorganised papers into my teachers hand, signed a sheet dragged myself to sickbay and fell into a deep coma for the rest of the day.

I recieved my HSC marks in the mail months later, it read:

EXTENSION 2 ENGLISH: 48/50

never lose faith...

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Wow...what you had must've been absolute gold. In fact, had you finished your reflection statement, you might've got a 50.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
:eek:
WTF? It's way under the word limit...surely they wouldn't except it.

What did you end up handing in?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
sounds influenced by a slight degree of creative fabrication

p.s. maybe THAT is just an extract from your 4u :p

AM04

would it be helpful if i posted it for your guys?

Hey i was just thinking maybe i should post my short story for anyone interested doing postmodernism?

tRiXsTa

HSC
Yeah i'd be really interested to read your story if you can manage to find it and post it on here.... i looked on the site mentioned above but i'm nto sure what yours was called....

megzi

made up or not, still made me feel better after barely passing my viva voce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)