• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Legal Humour Thread (1 Viewer)

rubin

HSC
Credit to Nick for this one:

Legal Defences

I've been working on some new defences, which should be available in common law and statute:

The Bitch Had It Coming Defence:
The male response to the Battered Woman Syndrome defence, this should be used when a woman has driven a man to extreme measures, by cheating on him/not cooking dinner/not cooking dinner well enough/watching Oprah etc. The burden of proof is the defendant merely saying "the bitch had it coming", and not only will he be acquitted, he will also receive a shiny new pimp cane.

Example
Prosecutor: You murdered your wife
You: The bitch had it coming
Judge: Too right nigga, she shouldn't have watched Dr. Phil instead of getting you a beer. Have a pimpin' cane

This is a total defence against any and all crimes.

The Monty Python Defence:
Not so much a legal defence as a style of argument. Whenever confronted with facts that are adverse to your case, simply deny their existence. If you are accused of an action, just say that you didn't do it. With each successive accusation, add another twist of logic.

Example:
Prosecutor: You murdered your wife
You: No I didn't
Prosecutor: You stabbed her in the chest and used the blood to write a confession.
You: She did that. She thought it was only red ink.
Prosecutor: Why would your wife kill herself?
You: She didn't. She was sleeping.
Prosecutor: She stuck a knife in her chest and went to sleep?
You: Yeah, I mean she does it every night
Prosecutor: But she's dead. Deceased. Expired. She has no pulse. They're going to stick her in the ground.
You: Oh don't do that, she'll wake up soon enough. She's Norwegian, they all sleep like that.
Prosecutor: Your Honour, I would like you to hold the accused in contempt of-
You: Have you ever been to Norway
Prosecutor: No
You: So how do you know they don't sleep like that?
Prosecutor: Because people don't-
You: They have lovely mooses over there you know
(repeat ad infinitum)

Eventually your opponents will be unable to match your mighty arguing abilities.

T

Tom Ruprecht

Re: New legal defences

That was not funny. I realise you intend it to be a joke, but the first one is misogynistic, offensive and ought to have no place on this board.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A

Tom Ruprecht said:
That was not funny. I realise you intend it to be a joke, but the first one is misogynistic, offensive and ought to have no place on this board.
Oh shut up. Even Kirby J would find these hilarious.

I've got a joke to lighten the mood: women on the Bench.

Ba-dum-tish.

T

Tom Ruprecht

No. Is it just me who finds all of this extremely offensive?

Down with this thread.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

The first one I did find quite funny, just because that's what I see as a common defense by men in such a situation.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A

R v THE LEGAL HUMOUR THREAD [2006] HCATrans 637 (19 August 2006)

MR HFIS: In conclusion your Honour, it is my respectful submission that the above two replies are true and correct, and that the thread should be found to be hilarious on all counts.

GLEESON CJ: yeh wateva lol

KIRBY J: i find the defendant hilaaaaaaaaarious. fukken lol rite here

HEYDON J: Is that uh... is that bud you two are smoking?

KIRBY J: straight up dawwwg

HEYDON J: Uh, the Court will reserve its decision and adjourn breifly for lunch.

AT 11.22 AM THE MATTER WAS ADJOURNED
AT 12.15 AM THE MATTER RESUMED

REGISTRAR: Their Honours seem to have disappeared for the moment. To be honest, this has never happened before. I think I saw Justice Kirby throwing up in chambers --

MR HFIS: ... So now what?

REGISTRAR: You win, I guess. Thread is hilarious on all counts. *shrugs*

THE CROWN: Blast.

MR HFIS: Wait a minute, since when did the transcript record actions and gestu--

AT 12.16 AM THE COURT ADJOURNED

See Tom Ruprecht, even the High Court of Australia agrees.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A

I thought for a second that I might have mispelled it, so I went to AustLII and double checked. Yes, it's 'Heydon'. Way to make me second guess myself :p

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A

$hiftyIceQueen said:
you people actually found it funny?
Shouldn't you be doing your HSC or something, child?

HSC

hfis said:
Shouldn't you be doing your HSC or something, child?
i am... and who are you calling child????your only like 2 years older then me

it seriously is NOT funny:mad1: its lame and boring

if you seem to find it funny then theres something wrong with you not me:uhhuh:

T

Tom Ruprecht

Yeah. I'm glad someone agrees with me. We live in a raunch culture that plays on images of pimps and hos and demean women. There is nothing funny about sexism and misogyny.

As a guy, I do see that there is something funny about the pop culture pimp image (it is after all, ridiculous). But you do have to be careful about these things.

Real life pimps and domestic violence are not that funny at all. And husbands do kill their wives because their wives haven't cooked dinner or the beer is too warm...etc...it isn't funny at all. It's a problem, and it shouldn't be joked about.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The dude wields a baseball bat instead of a gavel!

Eye for an Eye is a television program that has run in syndication since the 2003 season.

The program is arguably the weirdest member of the popular thirty minute courtroom reality format. Produced by National Lampoon, the creators of Animal House, the series stars Kato Kaelin (real name: Brian), Judge Akim Anastopoulo ("Extreme Akim"), and ex-boxer bailiff Sugar Ray Phillips. The first and second season's episodes were hosted by former Cheaters host Tommy Habeeb.

The plaintiff and defendant are real people, however the conflicts and resolutions appear staged. "Extreme Akim" sentences various litigants to punishments such as eating liver chili, having their windows smashed out by children, wearing a fat suit while trying to get a date, smashing two windows and one headlight, by being homeless, being hazed, taking $750 worth of "stuff" from a friend's house, making a rich woman working on a farm, mud-fighting, and making a boxer fight a fan and letting the fan win.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_for_an_Eye_(TV_series)

http://www.eyeforaneyetv.com/videos.html

lmfao. Their slogan is 'sometimes justice is a baseball bat'.... national lampoons can come up with some funny shit sometimes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)