• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Legal matter: scholarship (1 Viewer)

jane1820

HSC
So i recently won a one yr scholarship of $2000 (have to reapply every yr) for “educational purposes”

i havent signed anything that says the money needs to specifically go towards educational needs n my scholarship cant be terminated

the only conditions r that i need to be a student at my skl n have to be an academically diligent student

for those involved in legal matters, study legal studies, have insights into some legal matters or just anyone who has had a similar experience:
If i buy a new phone (alongside other stuff: laptop, apple pen etc) is that illegal? There is no legal/written documentation that i signed anything saying “i wont do this” n since i wont be breaking the conditions (changing skls n drop in grades) can they do anything?

i was told they’re (the provider) might ask for documentation (receipts) but what if i fake them, would they know?

also can they withdraw the money once it has been sent?

im rlly interested to know what r the legal consequences of this

(Extra bit of info: im gonna buy the iphone 13 white, a hp laptop n maybe an apple pencil)

Solarised

HSC
So i recently won a one yr scholarship of $2000 (have to reapply every yr) for “educational purposes”

i havent signed anything that says the money needs to specifically go towards educational needs n my scholarship cant be terminated

the only conditions r that i need to be a student at my skl n have to be an academically diligent student

for those involved in legal matters, study legal studies, have insights into some legal matters or just anyone who has had a similar experience:
If i buy a new phone (alongside other stuff: laptop, apple pen etc) is that illegal? There is no legal/written documentation that i signed anything saying “i wont do this” n since i wont be breaking the conditions (changing skls n drop in grades) can they do anything?

i was told they’re (the provider) might ask for documentation (receipts) but what if i fake them, would they know?

also can they withdraw the money once it has been sent?

im rlly interested to know what r the legal consequences of this

(Extra bit of info: im gonna buy the iphone 13 white, a hp laptop n maybe an apple pencil)
Mate you can use that money on absolutely anything, they don't check and if they do the things your buying are technically used for education. Laptop is used for studies, phone can be used for studies and contacting, apple pencil you can say you have a tablet that you study on and you can use the apple pencil on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)