• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Legal studies or drama. advanced english or standard? (1 Viewer)

Blake Henderson

HSC
Is the drama hsc exam alot easier than legal. And to get 80 in standard easier to get than a 70-75 in advanced.

I97

HSC
Advanced vs Standard. Do advanced, as long as you feel you are capable of it. There's still plenty of time to improve in English if you feel that it is a weakness. Keep in mind that getting 70-75 wont really do you any good, in fact 75 would probably scale you down to the mid 60's. If you choose on doing Advanced you should aim for bands 5 & 6s which are definitely achievable if you put the time into it.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Also remember that drama has the major performance so do it if you're confident in that... Advanced you can easily improve this year if you do practice essays and get or teacher to mark them and give you pointers. Do it, I highly recommend it. Don't do standard unless you're certain you'll get 85+

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
In general, I would advise you to do advanced English unless you absolutely hate analysing Shakespearean texts. Between legal studies and drama-focus on choosing the subject you like the most and you are more likely to perform better in.

enoilgam

HSC
I would not do Standard. The difference in difficulty between Standard and Advanced is minimal, but the difference in aligning is huge. Remember, less than 7% of students received a mark above 80 for Standard last year, compared to over 50% for Advanced.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Legal studies is fairly "easy." the final exam comes down to 20 m/c, 3-4 short answers and 3 essays in 3 hours. (i think im over simplifiying it)

Also remember that drama has the major performance so do it if you're confident in that... Advanced you can easily improve this year if you do practice essays and get or teacher to mark them and give you pointers. Do it, I highly recommend it. Don't do standard unless you're certain you'll get 85+
and this is pretty hard in itself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)