• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Legal Studies Teacher (Are they really trained to teach the subject?) (2 Viewers)

Rate Your Legal Studies Teacher

• Im just passing with this teacher

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

lilsxcwog69

My legal st. teacher is absolutley crap and with this comes her slowwwww voice and inability to control students within the classroom environment.

manifestation

What?!
HSC
My legal studies teacher was fabulous!!!
I think they can teach and are trained to teach the subject...but they may not be able to control the students, they need more training in classroom control and speech therapy, in your teachers case lol.

maybe you should put this thread in --> Social Science/legal studies

HSC
If this is the case, then you need to emphasize working as an individual. Don't rely on the teacher or the class. Sit by yourself if necessary.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
lilsxcwog69 said:
My legal st. teacher is absolutley crap and with this comes her slowwwww voice and inability to control students within the classroom environment.

the worst thing is to have a bad teacher for your subject. i suffered so much in chemistry because my teacher was just so god damn crap. my tutor saved my life. but don't get too put down by it....BOS is here to help you!! :D

anyhow, if you do need help, i can tutor you in legal :D

manifestation

What?!
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
anyhow, if you do need help, i can tutor you in legal :D
Lol, just slip some advertising in rnitya :)

Yeah, there are always people to help in legal, like if you ever need help just post a question or whatever in the legal studies forum and I know that you'll get help. (I loved legal in high school, so I have no problem with helping anyone :))

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Our school doesn't even offer legal studies. We have eco and business though which is very strange...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
both mine were great, year 12 one studied law so even better. Both had experience with mock trial teams and teaching legal for years so all was good :)

I'll help anytime...just chuck me a PM

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
We have one legal studies class. The teacher is ok. It's not hard to teach yourself. That's what everyone does the night before an exam and they still dont know something.

Catwalk

HSC
Riviet said:
Our school doesn't even offer legal studies. We have eco and business though which is very strange...
yea that is kinda weird. what school is this?

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Our legal studies teacher seems to be a great teacher until you actually do the exam and realise that he hasn't taught you anything except for hatred towards the law and the Government.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Riviet said:
No one in our class did Legal Studies this year - we all stuck to a History, Business Studies, or Economics. They offered it, but no one bit... :p

I_F

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
insert-username said:
No one in our class did Legal Studies this year - we all stuck to a History, Business Studies, or Economics. They offered it, but no one bit... :p

I_F
we have two full classes of legal studies but my school is full of lazy people so that might explain it :rolleyes:

Catwalk

HSC
we have 2 legal studies classes and we AREN'T lazy students! legal studies isn't a bludge subject!

super_fly5

HSC
Hell, whoever said Legal Studies was a bludge subject has got it all wrong. Lazy people can usually find themselves in these subjects, but you should see their faces when it comes to crunch time. Priceless.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
manifestation said:
Lol, just slip some advertising in rnitya :)

Yeah, there are always people to help in legal, like if you ever need help just post a question or whatever in the legal studies forum and I know that you'll get help. (I loved legal in high school, so I have no problem with helping anyone :))

haha! exactly!

hehe you're right, everyone's here to help. and i also loved legal in high school, it was my best subject. so don't get put down by your crappy teacher, just stick with bos!

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
btw riviet, it is odd that your school don't offer legal, what school? and as for legal studies being a 'bludge subject'....my foot, you gotta put work into that, or you're screwed. just because it isn't as hard as physics or 4unit maths, doesnt mean its easy. i did physics, i did 3unit maths, it sucks, but legal isn't all fun and games.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I go to St Aloysius College, which is a catholic private school. I think the 2 main reasons why my school doesn't offer legal is because we haven't got a legal studies teacher or not enough people wanted to do the subject in previous years. I'm sure it was once offered at our school.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Weird..
legal studies sounded interesting when i was in year 10. If i didnt get my current subjects, i wouldve chosen legal studies but ended up with economics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)