Length of law degree after transfer (1 Viewer)

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
I fucked up my ATAR pretty badly and that means I will not get into any law courses above 98, and USyd is well and truly off the table. If I do a year of Arts and then internally transfer into Arts/Law, will I still only be at uni for 5 years, or will it always take longer to complete the degree?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
it will take longer because you won't be doing any law courses in your arts degree presumably

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I fucked up my ATAR pretty badly and that means I will not get into any law courses above 98, and USyd is well and truly off the table. If I do a year of Arts and then internally transfer into Arts/Law, will I still only be at uni for 5 years, or will it always take longer to complete the degree?
Not sure about the BA/LLB at USYD but, at UNSW, you can still graduate within 5 years if you transfer into BA/LLB after 1 year of doing a BA (if you transfer any time after 1 year, it might take longer).

Also, as someone who is finishing off a combined LLB, I would say that it is not uncommon for combined LLB students to extend their 5 year degrees to 5.5 or 6 years. I wouldn't be too concerned about the possibility of not finishing within 5 years. Some people extend their degrees to have an extra shot at summer clerkships/internships. Some people feel the need to underload in some semesters to undertake more work experience or extracurricular activities.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
USYD has a very structured LLB transfer pathway. You'll finish it in 5 years still as transfer students need to do 2 law units per sem instead of 1 in their first year.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)